Making a decision

• 1stTilt
      OK so pretty basic hand here. I just wanted some feedback of what others would do in this situation.

I had King King in the Big blind. Stacks were 3000 start and blinds 10-20. First position UTG put in a raise for 60 and MP1 put in a reraise to 180 the rest of the action folded to me.

Now my analysis of the hand was I could double up pretty easy here if I reraised hard as I suspected either player with an AK or QQ JJ. I didn't have reads but I wasn't scared of an AA from either player. I also thought I could play it safe and flat call as it was early in the tournament and the off chance they had AA or an A came I would still be able to make chips. Finally I could reraise light and try to play a larger pot and avoid a shove while playing safe but also making extra value taking a safer route.

What are some of your opinions on the best course of action?
  • 2 replies
    • PriscoInline
      You can't go wrong with a big reraise. You want to either get stacks in preflop, or go heads-up to the flop. There's a good chance you may end up in a multiway pot if you flat call or raise small, which is bad with big pocket pairs. So there's nothing to do but raise.
    • Lazza61
      Hey 1stTilt,

From my point of view, it's a definite squeeze to 550-600. Even with KK it's still best to try and get HU OOP with the initiative. If you get flat called by one or both OK, but if I was re-raised I would seriously consider mucking.

UTG raises are generally strong as are MP1 re-raises. It would be a pretty ordinary player that would try to re-steal from MP1 this early in a deep tourney.

You will hear a story every year at WSOP ME every year where someone makes a deep run because they were able to laydown KK early in the tourney (This year it was Jackie Glazier).

Now that I've said my piece, let the trashing begin!

P.S. My excuse is that I'm only breakeven player at best. :f_confused: