This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Sample Sizes Help Please

• metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Sometimes when I am checking stats I don't have time to hover over opportunities in my HUD, so I use stats that are actually misleading.

For example, if I see 14.2% 3bet I assume I have ok sample size when sometimes number like this is 1/7.

To counter this, I am blacking out stats in my HUD till they reach a certain # of opportunities. While I want some sort of accuracy in my stats, sometimes its better to have some clue than nothing, so I would rather have a stat become visible too soon than too late.

What do you guys reckon about these sample size ranges?

VPIP/PFR, Positional RFI, 3bet pre, Fold to 3bet = show after 10 opportunities
      4bet+ pre = shows up after 30 opportunities
      Fold sb; bb; bb vs sb to steal = show after 5 opportunities
      cbet flop, turn river, fold to flop turn river cbet = show after 5 opportunities
      checkraise,fold to checkraise = show after 10 opportunities
      WTSD = show after 10 opportunities
      bet IP, bet OOP = show after 10 opportunities
      Flop turn river AFq = show after 50 opportunities
  • 1 reply
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi Metza...
      I like the concept.

Also, I think that your numbers are OK except for 4Bet+ pre
      Even 10 opportunities is going to represent a fair number of hands.

If someone 4Bets a lot, it will show up fairly early, and I would want to know.

Why not run with the numbers as-is, and see how you feel after 10K hands or so, and adjust as desired?

Best of luck,
      --VS