Moving from NL10 SSS to NL25 SSS

• TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I have transferred my roll from another site that i was rarely using and transferred into Stars and this has brought my Stars roll up to nearly $140, so i have the following question.
      When is it right to move up to NL25:

:diamond: Straight away as soon as the roll is adequate to, or

:diamond: Is there any statistics to check before you move up, i.e. BB/100 or suchlike.
  • 9 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      From NL10 -> Nl25, I would recommend going up whenever you feel comfortable with your own Skill Level rather than look at profit facts and stuff ;)
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Cheers Gerv.

Thankyou for your reply to my thread once again. I do feel comfortable with how my game has improved since i first started @ NL10 and i feel ready to move up to the next limit now but just wanted to check that it was cool to do so first :D
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      you can always test the waters and play with less tables first at the higher limit.

I'm almost reaching the bankroll target for NL10 and also thinking about this move.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      @ hammie,

i was thinking of carrying on at NL10 for abit, but instead of playing 6 tables @ NL10 play 4 instead and play 2 NL25 as a tester.

Or is it a better idea to just completely move to NL25 and if things dont work out for a bit then drop back down to NL10 if needs must.

Thoughts and ideas please :D
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      There are not difference between NL10 and NL25 on stars. Only 2.5x more money on table. If you feel comfortable on NL10 and have big enought BR you can easly beat this limit. And I don't see reason dropping table nuber, because your WP$IP will be almost same, maybe little more sealing, but these situations will be rare, because most of the times there will be limpers before you.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Hey buddy, I couldn't help but notice a previous thread of yours where your bankroll is dropping, you are grinding NL5, in short you seemed a little down. Now you are talking about moving up a limit and I must say... GO FOR IT. You have turned your down to an up, you are confident right now and NL25 is perfect place to play with a clear head and a fresh perspective. In addition, if you do find yourself in emotional trouble you can always drop to NL10 and reread articles... keep up the good work, maybe I will see you on pokerstars someday... to bad my BR only supports NL2 :D
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      @ davidangel,

as you were aware my roll took a serious hit with quite a few badbeats but my stste of mind was pretty shit to be honest but after grinding NL10 for many hours a day and taking a break from SSS and playing some SNG's on another site i managed to turn it all around and i now am close to having the roll for NL25.
      My emotional state of mind is now very much improved due to the kind words and encouragement from people like yourself, Gerv, and quite a few others on this site. I now realise that my best hands are going to get sucked out on but know it doesn't faze me and i just carry on with playing my A game on the tables and learning from the articles and constantly improving/reviewing my game.
    • racenutalways
      racenutalways
      Bronze
      As long as you have 20 buy-ins to cover for variance. Good luck mate!!!!
      When you move up limits, you encounter tighter players(usually), new opponents that you need to learn their style.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by racenutalways
      As long as you have 20 buy-ins to cover for variance. Good luck mate!!!!
      When you move up limits, you encounter tighter players(usually), new opponents that you need to learn their style.
      as SSS, I would do it with 30 Buyins Minimum.
      Consider a limit beaten when you've acquired 50 Buyins or something from that limit OR if you feel you are confident to play the next limit.

Good luck whoever goes to a new limit (including me :rolleyes: )

- Gerv