PT4 or HM2

• sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      guys i've tried both products. im currently still trying PT4 for another 20 day trail. Im so on the fence. They are both so great :) I do like how HM2 has a dark skin, its easier on the eyes.. PT4 Seems more user friendly though! rawrrwrwrgggg
  • 8 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, sc2zerker
      I'm not going to be any help.

When I saw the title of your post, I was about to suggest exactly what you have already done: Try them both. So much for that idea.

If you still can't make up your mind, try this trick:

Take a coin -- decide which product will be "heads" and which will be "tails"
        Flip it, catch it in the air, and slap it on your wrist
        DO NOT LOOK AT IT.
        Go with what you WANT it to be.
        Never look at the coin.
        Rationalize your decision any way you want.

When you think about it, if the decision is THAT close, it really doesn't matter.
      The coin trick lets your gut instinct take over.

Peace and contentment,
      --VS
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hey sc2zerker,

yeah both tools are great. I think it is totally up to you whether you choose PT4 or HM2. Both have great customer service and also price is not the same by coincidence i guess :f_biggrin: .

So just choose the software you like a little bit more.
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      I own both, but in my opinion HM2 is still way to buggy once you gain a decent size database, and PT4 is the more reliable.

HM2 also randomly crashes and freezes my PC, PT4 has never crashed on me at least so far.

I love HM2 mainly for the layout and ease of use compared to PT4 in relation to filters, setting up new HUD profiles etc. But not sure that would compensate for the glitches (some of which have been there since the day one release).

I bought HM2 and then felt I had to get PT4 because HM2 wasn't reliable enough for my needs and I'm only a micro's player. Also, PT4 imports bulk hand histories at over double the rate of HM2.
    • Ramble
      Ramble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      If you still can't make up your mind, try this trick:

Take a coin -- decide which product will be "heads" and which will be "tails"
        Flip it, catch it in the air, and slap it on your wrist
        DO NOT LOOK AT IT.
        Go with what you WANT it to be.
        Never look at the coin.
        Rationalize your decision any way you want.

The coin trick lets your gut instinct take over.
      LOL - You wouldn't believe how often I do this, except I do look at it, and if I'm happy great, if not, then I guess I knew my decision all along... :P
    • jawoftheox
      jawoftheox
      Bronze
      Dont want to start a new topic, so I'll ask here.

I've heard that HM got some issues on microlimits, is that true?
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      Hm2 dont show hud on microgaming mtts i heard. Pt4 dont have this problem.
    • YohanN7
      YohanN7
      Bronze
      If nothing else, it might be up to your machine which to chose. Holed'em manager is developed using .net, and is therefore ca 100 (give or take a little) times slower to start up, and is some 5-1000 (give or take a little depending on resource type) times more resource hungry than a native application. Both apps are great, but I have the feeling that Holde'm manager is developed using code bloating. Therefore, bug fixes and newer versions are likely to arrive comparatively late (if ever) for HM2.

/Johan = ?(
    • netsrak
      netsrak
      Gold
      I'm not aware of any problems with Microgaming MTT Hud, you might have to use the table finder: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1441/How+is+Table+Finder+utilized+if+the+HUD+does+not+appear%3F

What do you mean with issues on Microlimits?

HM2 might be slower during start and needs more ressources but afaik its overall performance is better compared to PT4.

I suggest you just test both trials and choose whatever is the best for you :D