new comers

• kidbukid30
      kidbukid30
      Bronze
      hi guys, im kidbukid from the philippines you can call me kid if you want. it is nice to discover this site specially for begginers like me, i hope i can improve my poker skill thru the help of pokerstrategy.com and wanna say thank you to the admin of this site for free bankroll. :heart: =)
  • 6 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey kidbukid30,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

I'm glad you already decided to take up on the free poker money offer. Hopefully you'll receive the money soon! :)

Have you already decided which game type you will be playing? Cash games, SNGs, something different? Regardless of the game type you choose, we have a lot of studying materials available for you which should certainly help you improve your game!

Hopefully we'll be seeing you around more often, and good luck at the tables :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • kidbukid30
      kidbukid30
      Bronze
      hi TinoLaan,

thank you for the warmth welcome.

actually I've been playing poker since 2009 and i tried cash games, SnG, and local tournaments here in the Philippines and now i was planning to add the OHAMA on the list.

right now i play 17hrs a day since august no cash games only freeroll at pokerstars and fulltilt to build my bankroll and at the same time practicing my beating pattern, reading my opponents, and adjusting to my opponents.

i know you will ask me why freeroll? it's a waste of time and effort and why not on cash games or tournaments? my answer: 0 risk to bankrupcy.. and if someone can turned $20 to $4million or $55 to $8million then i can too.. i can turned $0 to $100 or to $500 and from there i will start going up. :D
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Omaha is a pretty interesting choice actually. There aren't nearly as many Omaha players in the English community as for example Holdem players, so it's great to have another Omaha player in our community.

And playing freerolls is actually great! Like you said, there is no risk of going broke at all, and it's a relatively easy way to earn some money :)

at the same time practicing my beating pattern, reading my opponents, and adjusting to my opponents.
      Since you are working on improving your game, why not take a look at our Omaha strategy articles?

Omaha articles

While these articles focus purely on PLO cash games, I'm sure you should still be able to find some useful concepts in here. For now you can of course only read the Basic articles, but once you get the free poker money and start playing tracked, you will eventually be able to read the higher level materials as well. In fact, you can read the Bronze articles as soon as you have received the free poker money :)

Hope that helps, and hopefully we'll really see you turn $0 into a lot of money soon! :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there kidbukid30 I hope you are doing ok so far?

Just to let you know I started with freerolls from $0 and have built - and spent! - 4 bank rolls from them, so they are certainly a good way of getting some dollars and of course good experience for later.
      They give you a chance to practice the fundamental skills you will need later, so you can be more confident when you move up [and you will move up I have no doubt].
      The biggest problem with starting from freerolls I find is patience, people just don't have the patience to play for long enough to build a decent bank roll, so they jump into it and most often lose through lack of skill or just running bad.

So, you are to be commended for your effort and I really hope it goes well for you.

Run hot and never forget bank roll management! :s_love:

Mal.
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek
      Gold
      Hi and good luck at the tables!