Stat sample size

• Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Hy all!
      In Holdem manager you have the opportunity to set a number for the sample size required for a stat to show up in the HUD. For example if you make it 30 for the 3bet stat then the 3 bet stat will show up on the hud only after the player had 30 opportunities to 3bet. This setting was also mentioned in Bogdan's latest video too. So my question is: does anybody now the correct numbers for different stats? I mean how should I set them to be reliable after they show up? I don't know if it is better to set a smaller number and then the stat can show a rough estimate about a move but that's not reliable?
      The following stats interest me:
      VPIP-PFR-AF-WTSD-W$SD
      RAISE 1ST EVERY POSITION
      3BET-FOLD TO 3BET-STEAL-FOLD TO STEAL-RESTEAL
      FLOPCBET-FOLD TO FLOPCBET-TURN CBET-FOLD TO TURNCBET
      DONKBET-RAISE FLOP CBET-BET FLOP\TURN VS MISSED CBET

I know this is lot of info and probably you can't give exact numbers but maybe there is a chart or something for this sample size thing.
      Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day! :)
  • 5 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Hello Chymera,

i don't know those number but i think that any stat is useful. For example your opponent 3bets 2 times out of 2. Of course he can have AA both times but it is unlikely so you can definitely do some rough assumptions.

To me any information is better than none.

Let see also what other guys think.

Good luck.
    • HuhtalaJ
      HuhtalaJ
      Bronze
      I prefer rather low numbers in order to get rough estimates early on. I can evaluate the reliability by the hand count and I'm also using the option "dim for sample size" so that stats with small samples are dim. And I can of course check the sample size for each stat in the popup but it's convenient if you can evaluate it in the HUD alone.

Something like 30 for 3bet is way too much in my opinion, because you can get somewhat good information on much smaller samples already.

As I'm trying to capitalize on the rough estimations too, I've got the following minimum sample settings (if other than 0 and if in my HUD):
      3bet: 6
      AF: 6
      WTSD: 10
      Cbet: 4
      Turn cbet: 4
      Fold to cbet: 4
      Fold to turn cbet: 4
      Steal: 8
      Fold to steal: 8
      BBvsSB fold to steal: 8
      3bet vs steal: 8
      Fold to 3bet: 4
      Call 3bet: 4
      4bet: 4
      Fold to 4bet: 4

As you can see, I've got very low min samples for a lot of stats but dim setting helps. What I can get from those low samples is information like fold to 3bet 4/4 or fold to 4bet 0/4. 1/4 or 3/4 don't really give even a rough estimation with so small samples.
    • Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze
      Thank you all for the comments, I would really appreciate if other players might share their settings too if they use this thing. :)
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, Chymera,
      Here is a similar thread you might have missed:

Sample Sizes Help Please

Peace,
      --VS
    • Chymera
      Chymera
      Bronze