Push/fold charts and Adjusted BB

• slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Bronze
      Hi,

If I'm looking at the Push/fold charts and I have BB and Adjusted BB on my HUD am I better comparing the BB's to the "with antes" side or the Adjusted BB to the "without antes" side of the chart.

When I've been playing SnG's as the antes kick in it can often be e.g. 13BB 8ABB so its quite a large difference

Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, slippyjim!

It's very important to understand how antes influence our decision. I will give you an example:

Blinds are 10/20/2(ante) and there are 6 players left.

That means there is 12 chips dead money on top of the blinds. 2/3 of ante goes to the BB and forms the true big blind. That means that 2/3 of 12 is 8. 8 we add t 20(BB) to form a true big blind of 28.

So, say you have 200 chips. It might look at first sight that u have 10bb, but you need to treat this spot as if you have 200:28-7.14bb, which makes a big difference, doesn't it :) It's not extremely accurate, but it gives you a good idea of how you need to adjust when antes are in play.

That being said, if this situation happen, I will follow the chart that says: push for 7bb before antes. The problem with the antes chart is that it can greatly vary. F.e. if it's 4 players left, dead money from antes is just 8 chips and if it's 10 people, then it's 20 chips.

Hope that makes sense!
    • slippyjim
      slippyjim
      Bronze
      Yes I understand what you mean, and yes it does start to get complicated!!!!

So I am better off checking Adjusted BB with the "without antes" table, which is quite simple with the HUD.

Thanks