[November Marathon] [z0fman]

• z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Hey guys I figured id get in this marathon since I plan to play alot of games anyway. I know its abit late cause already 8 days have passed in november but I ll post my progress so far for the month and move on from there.
      I m playin many different poker variants according to my mood but am primarily an mtt grinder. I do mix in alot of sngs though and lately I ve been dabbling in plo which is an old love of mine. Anyway so I ll be posting updates for each different category.

z0fman's blog - Mtts and sngs - The road to going pro!!!

^This is a previous blog I had started but due to being busy I did not update much but anyway its got a bit of background history about me and im posting it so I dont have to copy paste or type all that stuff again.
  • 18 replies
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Plo:

I m gonna be over the 10k hands mark after tonights grind. I used to suck at plo but lately have put much work on my game and things r looking better.
      This is how my month has been so far in plo mostly playing 100-200plo.

• z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Mtts:
      I ve certainly not put in as much volume as I d have liked given that I was mostly an mtt grinder but have been rlly busy with different life obligations and am tryin to finish my uni studies which is a tough task given that its in civil engineering... and those mtts do take up alot of time... but I am certainly gonna be playin long hours on sundays and hopefully put in a few sessions during the week... anyway things were looking slow till i binked a turbo mtt couple days ago so now I m very happy and gonna try and win even more for the month since its still the beginning of it... Plus I had a really rough september with wcoops etc that I took shots at on my own dime... so now hopefully I ll be able to fully recover from it.
      Anyway heres the sweet looking graph and hopefully it will turn into a giraffe :)

• z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      SNGs:
      Really lol volume and tbh idk cause I m using the hm2 filters for stts and mtts and some games might be confused i.e. it might be an sng but gets registered as an mtt so appears in the mtt graph... anyway here it is nothing too interesting tbh and most game are prob fpp sngs to convert my fpps to $ which do not show the results correctly in hm2 afaik so its not rlly indicative or interesting:

I had been grinding hypers for a little while with decent results despite running a few k below ev so I need to get back to it and hopefully put in some volume.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck with the marathon z0fman :)
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Ok so I ll do a quick update: I ve been playing mostly plo and running abit hot which is always nice :p... although i am worried bout the downswing that will inevitably follow... lol
      anyway im happy bout it:

I m playin on stars and on another euro site but on that other site i couldnt unfortunately get my account tracked with pokerstrategy which sucks cause I d be getting mad points with the rake that im payin in plo... Also would like to make supernova till the end of the year but the mtts i was playing for the 1st half of it dont give u much vpps at all so I think its very quite tough with <2 months to go... And finally I need to up my mtt volume I ve been slacking in that area lately...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Nice run in PLO alright.

How far off are you from Supernova then?
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      How's the last week or so been? Stick in! Is all about persevering and sticking to your goals.
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Hey, I wanted to make a post but theres been a couple things going on and I was waiting till its all over to post the updates... anyway guess I ll post what has happened so far:

PLO has been going pretty good im running especially hot at 100plo.
      Havent played that much last couple of days but have been watching tons of plo vids.

As far as supernova goes I dont think theres any chance I can make it this year cause I m playin on many different sites and got like <60k vpps on stars so I dont rlly wanna play too high and potentially lose money to get vpps. Guess I ll have to stick to platinumstar for now.

MTTS:

I managed to satty in an 1k euro event on the french pokerstars. It was the fcoop main event sort of like the 5k wcoop main event on stars back in september but abit smaller obv. Im not french btw just like to play against the french :D
      Anyway I was doing fine doubled first hand KK>TT and was like omg is this for real... had up to 5x starting stack at some point but then things turned to shit and I lost a bunch of chips with KQ on a K high board vs a slowplayed AK... then I lost QQ<A8s when a random just shoved 30bbs pre with it... and I was shortstacked... I still made day 2... but couldnt make anything happen and busted like 280th/1450 or so entrants... and 180 ppl got paid... so that was abit disappointing cause the event had a cool 220k euros up top.... but whatever I cant be too sad bout it cause after all I had just sattied in for fpps :f_cool: Was def exciting to be playing such a high buyin!

Anyway I was playing my sunday session of mtts had a few mincashes nothing too special... but then I binked a 30euro for like almost 900 euros... like around 1160$... so overall pretty happy with my mtt results so far this month and hopefully I ll gain some momentum finally and win something big.

There is another thing though: that mtt that I won was a promotional mtt on the euro site winamax... and since I got 1st I was supposed to get a ticket for a husng with 500euros added by them... so to play headsup for 500euros... thats a promotion that they r running and advertising and the winner of the mtt every night gets to play the next day vs the previous one for 500euros... and the title of "emperor" of the site... lol... anyway long story short they have fucked up and so the husng was cancelled yesterday... I contacted them and even posted on 2+2 and they said it will be rescheduled for the next day... Then I get the ticket but the other guy didnt get it I guess so it got cancelled again... ??(
      Lol I know this whole thing sounds ridiculous and it is... but I mean if they advertise a promotion on their site they should be more professional and make sure it happens... anyway that was last night and now I have contacted them again both via email and on their 2+2 support thread and waiting for their reply...

Was waiting for this whole thing to come to an end so I can say what happened but anyway I m posting this now and will update again when I have news.

Heres the mtt graph so far this month:

• UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Confirmed sicko ITT

Nice results
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Tyty HolyMichelle. Ok so for everyone who read the previous part today finally I got compensated for that promotion I had won. I got to play 3 reg speed headsup sngs in total... after winning the 1st one I got the ticket for the 2nd and so on... and each one was a freeroll for 500euros... so total for the day: +1.5k sweet euros :s_cool:

So obviously I m pretty happy and plus I am now the reigning "emperor" of the french site Winamax and gonna take on new challengers every day for a 500euros prize till I m defeated. Hopefully I ll keep it up for a few days. :)

Sexy graph for the day:

Mr. pleno care to share a few headsup tips? then I ll be the winamax emperor for the rest of the year :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Nice one, Emperor!
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      :D

• z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Sup guys well this month has been very good so far I unfortunately lost the emperor title tonight after winning for 8 days in a row got coolered on the 9th had a straight and the other guy had two pair and filled up on the river... anyway im kinda sad bout it but whatever I won a bunch of money in that promotion...

The plo has been going ok heres the results so far:

As far as mtts go if u guys remember I had binked a turbo 30euro mtt for 4.3k earlier this month... well I binked it again lol... the same tourney... this time for like 4.5k or so... plus all the euros from winning that promotion 8 times... so graph looks like a giraffe now and im hoping this month will have an epic finish and I will finally bink something rlly big... gotta up the volume though cause I ve been abit lazy in that department recently... gotta be in it to win it :s_cool:

Anyway heres the mtt graph:

Thats it for now and I ll try to put in more volume and hopefully keep up the upswing. Gl at the tables
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      BLACK FRIDAY IN GREECE

Ok so just when I was having a breakthrough month and things were going very well... out of nowhere i get emails from stars and fulltilt last night... saying that there will be changes supposedly accordind to greek legislation... and most mtts and sngs are removed now from the lobbies for all greek players... and most importantly all winnings u have above 100euros for 1 day will be taxed up to 20% on a daily basis... but if the next day u lose alot then those losses aint deducted... thats absurd and makes grinding for greek players almost impossible... it makes most formats and games unbeatable...
      And all this happened out of the blue... This is rlly absurd and Im extremely tilted as are many greek players who found out about this yesterday... And on top of that there was no prior notice of any kind...

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/taxes-income-pokerstars-greece-per-session-1391620/

^This is the 2+2 link for the discussion that has been going on so far... I hope Im allowed to post the link... anyway idk whats gonna happen...

As a precaution I have requested cashouts for most of the money I kept online and they are being processed now... I read many greek players have been requested like IDs and documents for large cashouts and I m sure most ppl are gonna be cashing out their balances from stars for now...
      Afaik fulltilt is working fine so far but i expect that to change soon...
      On stars right now in the lobby I cannot see any of the mtts or sngs except some rlly micro ones.... they said they will gradually add them back in the future but that might take like weeks or months...

This is like a Black Friday in Greece right now... You guys might troll and say oh greeks dont win any $ anyway or whatever but if u think most greeks are fish how do u feel bout them being removed from ur games? Surely thats not good for anybody... Honestly Idk whats gonna happen and what my options are... I am also in the middle of my studies so cant easily just get up and relocate... Will update when I have more news...
      Other sites seem to be working fine so far and its just stars but stars is the biggest site... Am so tilted...

I hope everything will be ok but I seriously doubt it... Its absurd how governments all around the world try to stop us or make it hard for us to play a game of cards... Im out for now and will update when i have more news...
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Sad news :(
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      yea i dont rlly know whats gonna happen yet thankfully my money should all be safe ive cashed out most of it just as a precaution... anyway we r waiting to see how stars will deal with the situation but in the meantime i can play on other sites like the french sites... or bwin/party cause i already had account there... maybe ill open accounts on ipoker sites too and take advantage of some of the pokerstrategy promotions after all since pokerstars was my only site to get SPs from so far and I prob wont be puttin much volume there until things are more clear... So I cant do much but wait for now to see how things evolve...
      Thats rlly sad cause I was having such a good month and now this comes to fuck things up...anyway thats how I run in real life i guess... May consider relocating to like malta or eastern europe in the future but will try not to make any hasty decisions...
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by z0fman
      Tyty HolyMichelle. Ok so for everyone who read the previous part today finally I got compensated for that promotion I had won. I got to play 3 reg speed headsup sngs in total... after winning the 1st one I got the ticket for the 2nd and so on... and each one was a freeroll for 500euros... so total for the day: +1.5k sweet euros :s_cool:

So obviously I m pretty happy and plus I am now the reigning "emperor" of the french site Winamax and gonna take on new challengers every day for a 500euros prize till I m defeated. Hopefully I ll keep it up for a few days. :)

Sexy graph for the day:

Mr. pleno care to share a few headsup tips? then I ll be the winamax emperor for the rest of the year :f_biggrin:
      1- start limping more with 12-20 big blinds
      2- call a lot from the big blind with 40-60 bbs
      3- 3bet small alot with 25bbs
      4- run good?
    • z0fman
      z0fman
      Bronze
      Sooo... november is drawing to an end and I figured I d do an update...

Things are fucked up cause I m from Greece unfortunately and there was this sudden bomb dropped on us with the daily taxes scheme on stars... so I withdrew my roll from stars and havent played there the last few days at all... waiting to see what happens...

PLO:
      Anyway I played some tax-free plo on another site and took few shots at plo400... that went pretty shitty cause i ran like 2.5k below ev and another 1k below ev at plo200... i know thats only a few buyins and swings like that are standard tho.. especially since I was running sooo hot earlier... still sucks to try and move up and run horribly and lose all flips... anyway heres the graph from my hm2 database for this month:

And heres another 2k i made playing with pt4:

So overall even tho I ve dropped from my high point I get its the nature of plo its so swingy and its not like its my main game anyway so cant be too unhappy bout like a 3.6k month or so in it...

MTTS:
      As far as mtts go I havent played that many I took a few days break after the news bout the taxes in poker in greece I played like one session yesterday made a few $... overall its been a successful month in mtts for sure:

REAL LIFE PROBLEMS:
      Idk what the future will bring for me... I mean my dream is to play poker for a living for a few years and hopefully make enough money that then I can do sthng else like invest in a business etc... But seems like the universe is forever conspiring against me... The fact that I cant play most games on stars right now rlly sucks cause obv thats where the biggest prizepools are... and the most traffic... I m hoping that something will change but the future of online poker in greece and in general my future here seems pretty bleak...
      Then u might say why dont u just get up and relocate... well it guess its just a decision after all but I dont wanna rush anything and its complicated... Its not like Ive made sooo much money from poker that it would be a no-brainer... And I still have my studies to finish but I dont rlly like it... I m studying civil engineering and I pretty much hate it and cant get myself to study almost at all...
      Thing is my parents forced me into it... and even nowaday my mom has passed away from cancer so its only my dad and me and we dont rlly get along that well... I wish I had a family that was more supportive of me and would be ok with me playing poker etc... especially since I feel I can make so much more $ from it now than working a shitty job in greece anyway... but everybody from my father to my aunts etc is against it and basically me leaving the country for malta or thailand or wherever and playing poker immediately means Im gonna have to cut ties with them... I know this sounds absurd I mean I m family after all no matter if I play poker or not... but this goes to show how narrow-minded ppl are and they just see it as gambling and that Im gonna be a broke gambling degen and they dont want to even hear anything bout it... My family has always been very oppressive and I ve gotten sick of it and strongly feel that they ve fucked up my life in a way... So I m struggling with all those decisions right now and dunno where I ll be a few months from now...

Anyway one can only hope for the future yea?
      Gl everybody