This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

I remember the old days!

• Zealc
      Zealc
      Bronze
      Hi there, guess I'd best say hello to everyone.

I've recently returned to poker after a 6 year break and my, how things have changed! When I played before, I think limit was the more popular game and then it was often a case of waiting for good cards and just hanging on for dear life to the river! Aye, them were t'days! Tables with an average saw flop of 50-60% were quite normal then. (at least that's how I remember it lol)

Now it seems hard to find limit table except at the micro limits, so I'm trying to come to grips with no-limit. I won a little, got too confident and lost a little and realised I had a lot to re-learn. I stumbled across pokerstrategy.com in my search fro knowledge and after taking time to go over some of the excellent videos and articles here, I have a positive bankroll again.

Just taking baby steps at the moment, trying to build a winning strategy, increasing the number of tables I'm playing and building a bankroll before moving up stakes. I realised I still have so much to learn after tuning into an advanced Boomer coaching session and he was talking rocket science or something lol.

I enjoy playing full table cash games but I've found that I can make a reasonable profit at SnG at least up to $5 and that was before discovering ICM and Nash. I really enjoy the supportive atmosphere here, everyone seems so helpful and encouraging and there is certainly a lot of good knowledge and skilful players here. So glad I found you!
  • 3 replies