BB BB ($154.35)
      UTG ($198)
      UTG+1 ($221.50)
      MP MP ($41.40)
      MP Hero ($41)
      CO-1 ($114.67)
      BB ($200)

Preflop: Hero is in MP with 8:diamond: 8:heart:
      2 folds, MP calls 2, Hero raises to 9, 4 folds, BB calls 7, MP calls 7.

Flop (30) K:heart: Q:heart: J:heart:
      BB bets 8, 1 fold, Hero raises to 32, 1 fold

Hero shows 8:diamond: 8:heart:

Hero wins 70 with One pair, Eights

Scary flop but pot becomes $38 after villains bet. No stats because Elephant doesnt work properly atm, I probably should have folded pre flop but raised because of extra $2 in dead money from CO.
  • 5 replies
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      if there are 2$ deadmoney, raise more preflop!
      the flop is ugly...i would fold because of the player left to act
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I would classify the flop reraise as a pure bluff. Limpy BB thinks he can take your fire huh?

If CO posted a blind bet more preflop. I consider posters to be limpers, willing to put in a dime to see any 2 cards. I would raise preflop 4xBB + 2xBB for limpers +1xBB for marginal hand, as you really just want the dead money (3.5xBB value, buys you nearly 27 more hands) and dont want to get into a multi-pot with 88.

My preflop raise would be $14, that way you get 1 caller and pot is $31 compared to your $27 stack... easy shove post flop unimproved. This bet also protects you from weaker hands that may try to 3bet you out preflop.

If my advice is poor, let me know :D
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Hmm, hand came out wrong in the converter. There was no one left to act after me on the flop, other MP folded to the $8 bet. Betting more for sure, but I dont think as much as $14, probably should have gone out firing a $11 bet instead. I also consider my bet a bluff because I expect him to sit on 1/2 pair on that flop and if it is so he probably doesnt have a good heart which gives me a few outs to improve my hand on turn and river. If he had made the hand he would probably have checked and let me push the flop and simply call. The more I think of the hand the more it feels like a good bet.
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      @davidangel: the extra bb for the weak hand is not a good idead, it makes you totally readable, but the extra bb for the poster is a very good one and should be standard :)

@jonatan: sry, you are right, MP already folded. So you can indeed push if you think you have some FEQ.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      ok thanks, I will remove it from my calculations.