Looking into Living in Thailand

• jmackenzie
      Looking to head over to Bangkok around the 20th Nov would like to meet up with other poker players/English speakers/anyone asap. I'm doing a 1 month trip and then most likely after Christmas looking for somewhere more permanent.

I play 200-1knl 6max online with decent WR (5bb+/100) and will be happy to do coaching or pay well if someone took the time out to show myself around the city.

I'm looking to party often (esp the first month) and meet lots of people. I don't know anyone out there so would like to know a few basic things.

1) Where is a good place to stay the first week in bangkok, I'm looking to start in a hotel for 1 week then see how it develops. (I don't care about fancy just want good location close to expat groups.)

2) What are good meetup spots Online/Irl (anything, I need to expand my social circle asap as im used to having company in England and as of yet don't know anyone out there).

3) Smart phones with internet. Don't really care how good it is as long as I can use fb messenger and whatsapp. How much would one cost on pay as you go out there.

Budget id prefer to spend under $2k per month but its Ok if the first trial month is more expensive.

Quick bio

Type of game: nl 6max 400-1k generally starting tables vs regs on low traffic sites.
      Current location: Brighton UK
  • 1 reply