3/6 FL SH videos

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hello everybody;
      I decided to record short video of my last session today, but it's 35 minutes long and has 687 MB...
      But it's with sound today! Ehm, it's with my commentary, so it's not so good news :D
      I'm talking like I didn't sleep for few days and also my english is not good, so be prepared for everything :P

It's 3/6 FL SH, 4 tables and very lucky session, when I hit few 2-5 outs on river.

I'll use better codec next time and much less frames/s ratio, so it should be much smaller.

DOWNLOAD

btw: i'd like to hear from as many of you as possible, so please don't be afraid to post anything ;)
      I promise my next video will be better (louder, clear not sleeping voice, bigger pointer etc.)
  • 16 replies
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Just use 5 fps instead of what you have now :P
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Not a lot to say :D

~6.45 top left. You fold KTs there on the turn, I think it's better to just fold on the flop, pot isn't big and it's not worth it on this board.
      ~8.15 top left. This is a fold preflop for me. He needs to raise at least 25% for you to be able to 3-bet. With 35 ATS he will have something around that. But you are out of position, you only paid 1/3 SB instead of 1/2SB and the person behind you is pretty loose and might call 2 cold. Adding those things is enough for me to fold. KQo I would 3-bet though, KJo is close but I prefer a fold.
      ~12.45 bottom left. I don't cap A9o there, he's pretty nitty preflop and he will not fold a better A high a lot because of his 41 WTS.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      thanks for feedback :)

Originally posted by Yoghi
      ~6.45 top left. You fold KTs there on the turn, I think it's better to just fold on the flop, pot isn't big and it's not worth it on this board.
      you're right and such passive fish don't use to c/r flush draw on the flop (in fact, they almost never use c/r, so this means trips often)..

~8.15 top left. This is a fold preflop for me. He needs to raise at least 25% for you to be able to 3-bet. With 35 ATS he will have something around that. But you are out of position, you only paid 1/3 SB instead of 1/2SB and the person behind you is pretty loose and might call 2 cold. Adding those things is enough for me to fold. KQo I would 3-bet though, KJo is close but I prefer a fold.
      @25%: He needs 23% as Normal and 27% as LAG (postflop LAG), what 18% PFR from CO definetely is (1.5 multiplier) according to approx chart. I agree it's close and I could safetly fold, but I should have equity edge against stealer & loose BB (only 13 hands so far) with KJ (top pair could be enough). On the other hand, it's 1/3 structure so it's probably better to fold as you said - I need to accustom myself to 1/3 again..

~12.45 bottom left. I don't cap A9o there, he's pretty nitty preflop and he will not fold a better A high a lot because of his 41 WTS.
      yea; i didn't realize his WTS.. But it's SB vs. BB so I like to cap middle Aces against certain opponents to have initiative later and of course I try to represent middle-high pocket pair or AK and thus force him to fold better Ace on turn. It's +EV against some players, but he's not one of them, so calling his 3-bet is better here..
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      ~15.35 bottom right: Cap AJo vs BU there :P And I cap the flop aswell, you still have TPTK, he's pretty LAG so his range isn't very tight. He could 3-bet there for a freecard or for a cheap showdown. I think I would check/raise the river there ( I haven't read the german article yet though), but he seems to be a good player, which means that he has to valuebet every hand he 3-bet the flop with. An A is not in your range really, you wouldn't c/r A high on the flop, the only hands that make sense are A5 and AJ, but you will have J9, JT, 55-99 or something a lot more. If he checks behind on the river you should make a note that he doesn't valuebet well, and that if he bets it's either a bluff or a strong hand and you should be more inclined to call.

~15.40 top left: I would bet the turn again. People call the flop so incredibly loose you can hardly believe it ;) Especially players like this guy. It's hard for him to fold when he is first to act. You shouldn't be too scared of the other guy, he would have played a decent hand more agressive. You will be ahead quite often, and you want to protect against gutshots etc which have 10 outs against you. After you check behind you shouldn't fold the river, if he had a big hand he would have played it differently because he is so agressive. Any gutshot or something that he called on the flop missed, he is agressive enough to bet so you can't fold. If you bet the turn and he donked the river it would be tougher, but now I think you can safely call. (As you can see this john guy folded on the river, and I don't think he would fold a pair so he probably did call very loose ^^)

~17.50 top left: You can't play check/call here. What do you think he is going to bluff with? Not with a king, perhaps with air, but he won't have a lot of air because everything got there. If you bet he will call a King, maybe even 1 pair hands, I think check/fold is too weak, but check/call is wrong there imo.

~18.05 bottom right: I fold J7o there, he is pretty LAG and it's a 1/3 structure.

~19.00 bottom right: Fold T6o, it's a bad hand, the big blind is kinda loose, probably plays well postflop and it's a 1/3 structure ;)

~20.50 bottom right: See how loose they call the flop? :P

~21.35 bottom left: Why do you call the flop?

~22.50 top right: You should bet the turn again, he will probably fold a Q, and definitely another T. If he calls the turn again you still have quite a lot of outs to improve so even if you are behind against a 4 for example you dont lose that much.

~23.30 bottom right: You need 25% again, but in MP3 he won't have it ;) And horrible play from him postflop lol.

~24.45 bottom right: I wouldn't think about capping at all there against a preflop nit like this guy, feels a bit like reverse tilt ^^.

~25.50 top right: Call with 97s there, 5:1 when you need 3.5:1 ;)

~31.30 top left: You can cap ATs there, especially against him and the 1/3 structure doesn't matter here :P I don't like the flopraise IP, would you raise 55 or 33 there?

~31.55 bottom right: Check/raise the flop, there are so many draws that he will call down with A high, but he might fold the turn with A high because a turn c/r is so strong.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      ~15.35 bottom right: Cap AJo vs BU there :P And I cap the flop aswell, you still have TPTK, he's pretty LAG so his range isn't very tight. He could 3-bet there for a freecard or for a cheap showdown. I think I would check/raise the river there ( I haven't read the german article yet though), but he seems to be a good player, which means that he has to valuebet every hand he 3-bet the flop with. An A is not in your range really, you wouldn't c/r A high on the flop, the only hands that make sense are A5 and AJ, but you will have J9, JT, 55-99 or something a lot more. If he checks behind on the river you should make a note that he doesn't valuebet well, and that if he bets it's either a bluff or a strong hand and you should be more inclined to call.
      As you said, he seems to be a good player, so I gave him some credit after flop 3-bet. And Ace on river would be scare card for any non-Ace hand, so he could check-behind any pair (any Jack, 99, TT, QQ, KK) - that's why I donked here. I don't know what would be the best line, but I like the way I played it (don't know why, but I can't cap flop HU with TPTK often :/). You're right about pre-flop cap, but as played, I don't think flop cap is good move (maybe call flop and c/r turn again with safe card) - for me it's a little overplayed.. But as I said: I'm not good in these situations :(

~15.40 top left: I would bet the turn again. People call the flop so incredibly loose you can hardly believe it ;) Especially players like this guy. It's hard for him to fold when he is first to act. You shouldn't be too scared of the other guy, he would have played a decent hand more agressive. You will be ahead quite often, and you want to protect against gutshots etc which have 10 outs against you. After you check behind you shouldn't fold the river, if he had a big hand he would have played it differently because he is so agressive. Any gutshot or something that he called on the flop missed, he is agressive enough to bet so you can't fold. If you bet the turn and he donked the river it would be tougher, but now I think you can safely call. (As you can see this john guy folded on the river, and I don't think he would fold a pair so he probably did call very loose ^^)
      I agree with everything you said :) It looks like I was scared of that john guy (any pair is calldown for him..). I wouldn't fold it HU and this was mistake too.

~17.50 top left: You can't play check/call here. What do you think he is going to bluff with? Not with a king, perhaps with air, but he won't have a lot of air because everything got there. If you bet he will call a King, maybe even 1 pair hands, I think check/fold is too weak, but check/call is wrong there imo.
      c/f is out of question with this guy. Yes, I should bet and fold to raise; anyways, looking at his aggression stats (0.14/0.6/6.0), it's possible he will raise TP too - I know it's too small samplesize but still: he bet/raise 6/7 rivers.. maybe c/c is not soo bad (just not the best :P ).

~18.05 bottom right: I fold J7o there, he is pretty LAG and it's a 1/3 structure.
      yes; another mistake.. I would call it in 1/2 structure (even it's not in BB vs. ORC chart) against so frequent stealer but here it should be folded.

~19.00 bottom right: Fold T6o, it's a bad hand, the big blind is kinda loose, probably plays well postflop and it's a 1/3 structure ;)
      1/3.. it's hard to adapt after 10-tabling 2/4 ;)

~20.50 bottom right: See how loose they call the flop? :P
      :P

~21.35 bottom left: Why do you call the flop?
      1 overcard, backdoor flush & straight draw and maybe live 9 if he's on flushdraw, all together it's 7 outs (2x 1.5 for draws, 2.5 for Jack and 1.5 for 9), so it's close to call 7.3:1... 7 outs are too much maybe, but in $22 pot I need 5.5-6 outs to call (+ I have position on him)

But I have to discount more outs, because i can be drawing dead with any spade - call it reverse tilt then ;)

~22.50 top right: You should bet the turn again, he will probably fold a Q, and definitely another T. If he calls the turn again you still have quite a lot of outs to improve so even if you are behind against a 4 for example you dont lose that much.
      that's true :)

~23.30 bottom right: You need 25% again, but in MP3 he won't have it ;) And horrible play from him postflop lol.
      with 20% PFR I need A7o+ so I think A8 is close in 1/3 structure & 19%. As I mentioned in video, it's close and I could fold it, but I don't think it was big mistake, because of his 33% WTS and 44% Fold to Flop CBet.

~24.45 bottom right: I wouldn't think about capping at all there against a preflop nit like this guy, feels a bit like reverse tilt ^^.
      Yes, reverse tilt was there too ;)
      Would you cap sevens there? 55 is weak hand, but it's easy to play on flop & turn HU IP with initiative.. I would have to fold it on 3 overcards flop (like 79Q) while it still could be the best hand. AJ, AK, AT (quite possible holdings) would fold turn unimproved.. This flop is very bad but checking behind is too week after capping preflop, so I like it as it was played :P
      Yes, I could call preflop and fold flop. :)

~25.50 top right: Call with 97s there, 5:1 when you need 3.5:1 ;)
      lol

~31.30 top left: You can cap ATs there, especially against him and the 1/3 structure doesn't matter here :P I don't like the flopraise IP, would you raise 55 or 33 there?
      Preflop cap is not in aprox chart :P but I agree..
      Flop: How the hell could I do that?! It was so obvious I'm on draw :rolleyes:

~31.55 bottom right: Check/raise the flop, there are so many draws that he will call down with A high, but he might fold the turn with A high because a turn c/r is so strong.
      right :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      I forgot:

Thank you Yoghi for great feedback and i'm looking forward to play together =)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      :spade: VIDEO #2 :spade:

It's better and more watchable than the first one:
      • better coursor
      • better sound (not much but still better)
      • only 362 MB (30 mins)
      • no PT window, no talking about BB/money (just once I think..)
      • more explanations..

I tried to explain more moves/situations but it's still not enough.. I'm sure I'll be able to produce really good / helpful video some time even I'm miles away from that - it requires much more experiences, because it's not easy to explain what my brain is thinking about :P

15 BB/100 hands is average winrate in this session -> recording videos brings me luck so far :D

You can download it here.

I saw, there were 15 downloads of my first 3/6 video and only Yoghi said something here (+ Dippy through Skype). I believe everyone can comment it, because a lot of moves are either bad or questionable and it's similar to hand evaluation, so very helpful to everyone participating :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi opal99,

I already downloaded the first video but I find no time to view it. I'll let you know when I'll reviewed it. Keep going. :)

EDIT: I have time. *g*

You might create a second thread and link it here for your second video. Else it's a bit confusing (or might become so).

If I agree with Yoghi I just don't mention it. :)

~2:00, BL: Don't coldcall here. You need to protect so 3-bet the flop directly. You can even get a flushdraw to fold which wouldn't be to bad and if he calls you gain even more.

~7:10, BR: Any read about your opponent? A 3-bet in position isn't a strong hand that often and he could just use the K as a scarecard. As default a fold should be fine but I sometimes call the turn and see if he gives up on the river (as he has showdownvalue with A-high and might behind with it).

[quote]Originally posted by opal99
      thanks for feedback :)

yea; i didn't realize his WTS.. But it's SB vs. BB so I like to cap middle Aces against certain opponents to have initiative later and of course I try to represent middle-high pocket pair or AK and thus force him to fold better Ace on turn. It's +EV against some players, but he's not one of them, so calling his 3-bet is better here..
      Yoghi is right. You shouldn't cap lower than ATo here. You just don't have enough equity for it and postflop out of position with a fix bet on the flop and turn (as he will call nearly anytwo on the flop) can become very expensive.

~12:50, UL: I saw the result but nevertheless you have to bet this river. Not many worse hands will bet here as they are scared. He called the flop and turn so a Q makes no sense. His most likely holding is a pair (9 or 8).
      I would check/folded that turn after his flopcall. The pot is just to small in my opinion to continue.

~14:00, BR: You should nearly never play check/call, check/raise in a normal raised pot. The risk/reward is just too low (in a bigger pot he is more likely trying to steal the pot on the turn and his range is tighter = better). Don't get tricky and go for the standard line. A freecard would suck a lot.

~15:45, UL: I like the hand as played. ElFook isn't that aggressive o with the 3rd guy in the pot he may no raise a small 9 or 5. If you want to see ashowdown then bet the turn and take afree showdown (no call to a donk on the river that is way too much). After your check ElFook can bet a lot but I doubt that it's often enough a busted gutshot and the pot isn't that big as well + the 3rd calling any pair for sure.

~16:00, BR: I agree with Yoghi that this is a cap preflop. He is no real LAG. Just a TAG who likes to call a bit more than usual. Rest like Yoghi. :)

~17:50, UL: Well if bet/fold is not a good option and check/fold neither then obviously check/call has to be the best play right after bet/call. ;)
      Do you have won when raised river stats? Could be an option even with such a small sample size.

~18:30, BL: Hmm. I raise the river for value against a K. I don't fear a flush that much. Did I miss anything important? :/

~21:35, BL: 1,5 for a backdoordraw? Maybe for the flushdraw but never for the straightdraw on a 2-suited flop. Anyway 6 discounted outs should be fine and then it's indeed a call. :)

~22:50, UR: He tried what you have done on a previous hand too. ;)

~23:30: 20% and A7o? Where have you got that from? The approx chart says ATo+ against a PS.com TAG and 24% with A8o (28% with A7o).

~24:45 BR: 55? ;) Stay with your equity. Your postflopplay will never be that good that you can get that lost value back. 77+ is too loose as well. (Well you can call yourself LAG then I would say do it. *g*) 99+ against a PS.com TAG and TT+ against this guy (he also is very showdownbound). Is reverse tilt a cheap excuse for playing like a LAG (preflop)? ;)
      A LAG would bet the turn to get better pocketpairs and A-high to fold. :D

~25:00, UL: Bet this flop! This is one of the most scary flops you might get and you have 36 hands which tell you that he folds 30% of the time directly on the flop. Won't get cheaper to win a pot against a callingstation. :) At least bet the turn. :/

~27:30, BL: Don't 3-bet as a bluff against a 41 wts guy. He can as well just raise to induce a bluff as you won't give him much credit on a paired flop. (And it nearly worked if this was his intention.)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Ok I'm now viewing your second video. ;)
      Hope you even want my comments anymore. :D

0:45, BL: I check this behind. He will call most hands again with which he called on the turn if his plan was to see a showdown as the rivercard is not very scary. You also might win against a busted straightdraw. The bet is not that bad as you might get a K-high (and QT) of the hand if he had 1 card flushdraw. Maybe that's worth it but it shouldn't make a big difference.

2:50, UR: You made a note about him. Delete that note. ;) He 3-bet preflop and made a continuationbet on the flop (well the direct flop fold might be note worthy but he may just have had a pocketpair).

8:30, BL: You can give up the hand on the turn. I like check/call more as I want to see a river as cheap as possible. At least you can give up the river where most draws arrived so the chance of being ahead drops and the chance that he will fold a pair is too low.

10:50, UL: I see no reason to raise this turn. He won't fold a pair. Sure you might get a freeshowdown and win sometimes but you can as well call the turn and call a river blank which saves you some money.

12:50, UL: Good fold:

Board: As Kd 5h
      Dead:

Equity Gewonnen UnentschiedenVerloren Hand
      Spieler 1: 82.374 % 82.362 % 0.024 % 17.614 % 55+, A7s+, KTs+, QJs, A9o+, KJo+
      Spieler 2: 17.626 % 17.614 % 0.024 % 82.362 % 7c5c

20:40, BL: KJs is a bit too lose to 3-bet with.

23:10, UR: I play my OESD passive against a 43 wts opponent.

25:00, UR: You could even 3-bet the turn with to twopair + a decent flushdraw.

28:20, UL: I have no clue with what this guy might donk with but even if he donks his whole range you are behind:

Board: Ac Kh Jh
      Dead:

Spieler 1: 48.433 % 45.645 % 5.576 % 48.779 % Jc9c
      Spieler 2: 51.567 % 48.779 % 5.576 % 45.645 % 22-88, A6s-A2s, K9s-K2s, Q5s+, J6s+, T7s+, 96s+, 85s+, 75s+, 65s, 54s, 43s, A8o-A2o, KJo-K7o, Q8o+, J9o+, T9o

So the best you can do is probably calling the flop (I like folding as well) and then reevaluating on the turn. (This turn would be another call.)
      Sure getting him off a bluff is another line but why not letting him bluff? (He hasa high wts too.)
      As played I like the turnbet a lot as you can easily fold + you get the chance for a free showdown.

I think that he just forgot the preflopaction and made a continuation bet. ;)

29:00, BL: I coldcall J9s here as you get 4:1 (you need 3,5:1) with great implied odds as they all have strong hands.

30:00, BL: A weak TAG who raises the flop in position is so often a real strong hand or an attemp to see a cheap showdown (or just a freecard) so I prefer a direct 3-bet more as you prevent the freecard + you lose less if he has a real strong hand.
      Well or he has a pocketpair. Weird guy. :/

30:10, BR: Just give up on the turn. Nearly every arrived and a pair won't fold anyway.

31:20, BL: You get 6:1 on the turn with a gutshot and one overcard so that might be worth another call.

Did you notice this SNE guy? 180k hands and nearly break even. :/
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Thank you ciRith!
      I wasn't at home for few days so I've just reviewed the first video with your comments.
      That A8o hand (23:30) was misread of his position as I thought he's CO: then it's A7/A8 for 1.5x20%. But I still believed it even Yoghi pointed that out :)

@WSD when raise River: I have that stat in HUD, but I'm trying to ignore it with small samplesize. I have only 25 hands of this 17:50 guy and he is real fish: if he tends to call a lot of river bets (70 WTSD indicates it), he's WSDwRR can be anything from N/A to 100% - 1 hand can be enough for 0% or 100% and it could be K-high flush.

And the last thing: how many discounted outs can I count for backdoor straight draw on 2-suited flop? Is 1 OK?

I'll review 2nd video later, but it seems there're less mistakes - still too much to move to 5/10 :/

I noticed that 180k guy: and i wouldn't give a shit with 0BB/100 hand if I were him too - you have guaranteed $8000 every month just for keeping SNE status :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      You are right about the sample size. I first thought that e raised 6 out of 7 hands so this would be an indicator ;)

I discount that draw to just 0,5 outs but if it's close I dont care about 0,5 more or less annnyway as I take a look at the implied and then see if it's worth it. :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Did you review the second video already? (Well just post to push the thread up. :) )
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Of course I did, but somehow forgot to post reply; I'm sorry :)

I have to agree with everything you said without any question, except this hand:

Originally posted by ciRith
      20:40, BL: KJs is a bit too lose to 3-bet with.
      he's MP3 and according to approx chart it's between fold and raise (15% KQs+, 20% KJs+) - I know 17 is closer to 15 and it's 1/3 blind structure, but that guy has only 35 WTS and 58%(!) fold to flop CBet... maybe loose raise, but not so much; or was it? :(
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I really have no idea how often we have to win postflop more to compensate the preflop equity. But the factor thata guy is able to fold is in any case already included as we go with just 46% (approx chart against a normal opponent).

Board:
      Dead:

Spieler 1: 56.974 % 54.176 % 5.595 % 40.229 % 55+, A5s+, K9s+, QJs, A8o+, KTo+
      Spieler 2: 43.026 % 40.229 % 5.595 % 54.176 % KhJh

This might become a bit too close and as you already mentioned there is less money in as well.

I don't have the video anymore. Could you post the handcount and the attempt to steal? Maybe you also have positition specific PFR stats so any hand we remove will make it -EV for sure as 43% is really close.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black

33 / 17 / 35 / 49 (4752) = VPIP / PFR / ATS / FoldBB / hands
      1.94 : (58) = flop aggression : (fold to flop CBet)
      Wt = Went to SD
      W@ = Won at SD
      WR = winrate

There're few more stats in popup but not very useful in this situation and position specific PFR was not implented in PT3 yet (it'd be awesome).

But the factor thata guy is able to fold is in any case already included as we go with just 46% (approx chart against a normal opponent).
      I know what you mean, but what's the standard Fold to CBet for TAG? 35%? I don't think 40+ is often, so 58% over so big samplesize is showing very big leak in his game.

In fact, hero must invest 4 SB (3bet preflop + CBet flop) to get 4.33 SB (1.33 dead money + 3 SB villains preflop call).. If 58% is real, then hero gets 0.814 SB everytime he has initiative HU. OK, open-raise in MP2 is stronger than average raising hand and KJs can be dominated, but he's not A-high SDbound with 35% WTS...

Is Equilator helpful in such non-standard situation? 58% is just tooo much ;)

I'm sorry if you think I'm talking shit about clear situation. ;)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Ohh I didn't know that 58% is such a big difference. I had a different number in my mind. So against this guy it should be very profitable to do so. Just don't get to loose as the tighter his range is the less he will fold.