888 badbeats

• acerd1975
      acerd1975
      Bronze
      hi I have been playing on 888 for a couple of years now and it seems the better i get the more bad beats i suffer i have been logging win lose ratios on aa kk qq and ak recently with results as follows aa-won 11 lost 34, kk won 2 lost 29 qq won 2 lost 30 ak won 9 lost 18 have tried different ways of playing them ie all in , big raise , small raise ,call nothing seems to work whoever calls me gets what they need regardless of the strengh of there hand for instance the other day i had aa on $200 blinds in a freeroll raised to 950 called by 2 , k35 flop so raised 1400 called by 1 who then went all in after 6 on turn called him he had 23 , 2on river out! this is not an isolated incident it is happening too often it is mathmatically virtually impossible for these stats to happen can anyone help.
  • 6 replies
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Looks into thread expecting someone to need help. Sees another bad beat whinery...

One word - variance. There is no such thing as mathematically impossible in poker, everything is possible. If losing with AA, KK, QQ etc would be mathematically impossible vs certain hand then there would be record 0 occurrences of such... Read some materials on variance.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      You won't believe me how many times I have lost when I flop top full house...
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey acerd1975

First of all I want to welcome you to PokerStrategy.com!

Sadly enough Rihard is correct. Variance can be hard on a man. I'm running into a lot of crappy hands myself these days and I really don't feel like playing poker right now. But I know it's variance! I'm just reviewing my hands, studying poker until I feel like playing again. I do this because playing poker when not feeling like it is bad and I'll just lose money because I'll play bad.

Oh and it's not depending on what room you play. Variance is inevitable, it's going to happen to everyone.

Take a look at this video! Our coach BogdanPS is talking about variance and when I watched it the first time I was shocked! It was a real eye opener.

Best regards

RasTweet
    • acerd1975
      acerd1975
      Bronze
      i did not mean impossible to get beat just impossible to win such a small percentage with such good cards,anyway since joining pokerstrategy i took my free 10 at gala and entered a $1 torney with 132 players and won with ease leading from start to finish so i have cheered up a little but i will study this varience thing sorry i have no technical knowledge at this point as i am self taught think i will be dangerous when i learn to play properly thanks guys
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      No worries Acerd!

We all get bad beats and downswings and everyone had moments where they were doubting just about everything. But thats why we have a community! We are here to help improving each others games AND help each other when we are having a hard time.

Good luck at the tables and may the variance be with you :D

RasTweet
    • thesundancekid
      thesundancekid
      Bronze
      ive been playing on 888 for years, these are the suckout hands 44 , a8s just you see !!

and every time ive been in a 3way all in over the years AK v AK v (my) QQ there is always a fkn ace on the fkn flop!