My progress so far - rakgun

• drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Hi all,

First of all, This will be my blog where I write my "Milestones".

After a few weeks of studying some poker i decided to give another shot.

I played zoom poker 0.01/0.02 for about 45 min.

After losing 1 BI, I cut some childish plays and was able to get the buy in back and 80c profit. :f_biggrin:

I still find it difficult to let some hands go. I think this is because the home card games in my Home Country (Portugal) have different card strengths. The A, 7, K, J are the strongest cards in almost card game played and when I play poker my brain still sees a 7 like a "10 points card" when it really a rubbish card.

Other point, when i have already puted in 10 BB into one hand I cannot let it go. Well, I can but I stay wondering if I could win that hand.

I hope that in the next few weeks I can stop this leaks and be more profitable, until then

All the best,
      Drakgun
  • 5 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Drakgun,

Welcome to the blogs.

It appears the studying is working nicely if you can recognise and cut those bad plays so quickly.

As for letting hands go, that is something you'll learn in time and eventually you'll know when to hold and when to fold.

Hoping to see plenty of milestones posted

Laz
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      Gl mate, i will be following :f_cool:

And yep in the start, folding okay hands can be really hard. I think even if you know you probably lose, it is still hard. I think that is the part you cant study that well, you just have to play alot of hands, and then you will start to read players better.
      Personally I would say, in the start better fold 1 too many, than call 1 too many - but yeah, take your chances, you might win money when you win, but it is when you are losing, your skills gets better :f_biggrin:
    • drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Another session of zoom poker 0.01/0.02 for 1 hour.

Was running quite smooth, while playing 2 tables i got 3 BI in 30 min and I was thinking to myself: " More 15 min to see if I can get one more BI and I done for the day" and kaboom I lost 3 BI in a matter of seconds. HHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGHHHHH, I am so pi**** off of myself.

In the end was just able to recover 1 BI.
    • drakgun
      drakgun
      Bronze
      Hi, I've come across these Doubl or Nothing SnG on Carbon and it seems pretty soft.

The prize pool is splitted by equal parts to the last 5 on the table.

It seem that I find the perfect way to grow my BRM.

All the best
      Pedro
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey drakgun

How have the double or nothings been going? I used to play them but it wasn't really for long, I was no good maybe since i'm mainly a cash game player.