First time

• RidingDeuces
      RidingDeuces
      Bronze
      I have played poker off and on for many years. Typically applying a general knowledge of the game. Many of the same concepts but just not as in depth as serious poker players. I have recently moved and outside of watching my children have some more free time. So far I have liked what I have seen from pokerstrategy. There is so much for me to learn and I am almost overwhelmed by all of the content and trying to cram so much more depth of the game in to my head so fast. Definitely going to have to start taking some notes. All previous times that I have played with my "general" knowledge I would build my bankroll from 20-50 bucks to a few hundred. Eventually I would go on tilt and blow it all rather quickly. Hopefully I am able to continue the upward trend with knowledge gained from this site. I will go ahead and download a tracker for the first time as well. I am going to try to build off of the ever so gracious free deposit from the site. It will take some luck but only time will tell. I am sure it will take quite some time to move up from micro stakes tables but it will be fun really applying myself to the game for once. I will probably become more active once I get my computer set up and stop using the laptop for playing.

Happy fishing everybody!
  • 5 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi there RidingDeuces and a very warm welcome to you!

I agree it can feel like it's taking forever to get out of the micro stakes - I'm still there - but you will find all the information you need to do it and hard work will do the rest. They aren't great at playing in the micros [I call it playing down the trenches :D ] so you're already ahead of the pack by coming here.

Now, I know your not a total beginner but the Beginners Course is available to join for free just by clicking the link at the bottom of this post.
      You can come and go as you please and the coaches are very patient, they need to be I did the course! :rolleyes:

Here's the link to it as well:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1612

You can ask questions during live play coaching and post hands in our Hand Evaluation Forums for our super expert hand judges to analyse for you.
      Here's a link to them:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1412

If there is anything else we can do to help you on your way, just ask.

Best regards and have fun!

Mal.
    • RidingDeuces
      RidingDeuces
      Bronze
      Thank you for the warm welcome Mal. I have visited and read some of the information already. There is a wealth of information here between links like you have provided and forums. It will take some time to digest it all and really begin taking my game to another level.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hey RidingDeuces,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com!

Yep, there is a lot of information available for you, and it may be tough to really get started. However, like Mal mentioned, the Beginner's Course is a great place to start, as it will provide you a structured way to learn the fundamentals of the game :)

You can find it here: Beginner's Course

In addition, we are currently in the process of releasing new strategy articles for both cash games and SNGs. You can find all the new articles, in the order you should read them, here (these are for cash games):

New articles

I remember when I first started I was overwhelmed by the amount of information there was as well. However, in the end you'll find that it's all a lot easier to grasp than you would expect, especially if you already have more experience.

Happy grinding and learning, and hopefully we'll be seeing you around! :)

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Welcome
    • pelbonek
      pelbonek
      Gold
      Hi and good luck at the tables!