Swinging Like Tarzan

• dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Hi Fellow PS members, I've been wanting to start a blog and be a bit more involved in the community for some time now and as I am taking poker a bit more seriously, I'm starting this blog!

:diamond: A bit about me

I am from Denmark and currently I am studying to become an electrician, and i should be done with that i feb. 2015! In my spare time i make alot of music as i am 1/3 of a hiphop trio where i make beats and dj! I work out a lot too and when i have the time and motivation i paint a bit too.

:diamond: My poker history

So I started with the 50$ free starting capital and started playing sss with decent succes, I then switched to SNGs also with decent succes, I then switched to BSS and started playing rush and fell inlove with the format, Black friday hit and i was without any bankroll so i deposited a bit of my own money, i eventually cashes out the money from Fulltilt when i got it back.

:diamond: Now

So last month i started again after a 3months break, i started at NL10 even though i was rolled for NL20 (the month went really well with a + at just over 200, and as my goal was to be breakeven i am rather happy about that) - took a few shoots at NL20, that did not pan out so i decided to wait and give it a proper shot this month and that did not pan out as well, I played 2500 hands and were 5 stacks down so i decided to grind it back at NL10 and as i reached 0 for the month i was hit by the doowswitch and am currently down about 23 stack :f_cry:
      So Currently trying to get out of the hole at NL10 ZOOM and NL10SPEED

:diamond: 2014Goals

:club:P lay minimum 20k hands a month
      :heart: Be a NL50 reg
      :diamond: Work on mindset - It is terrible at times
      :spade: Keep on Improving

Feel free to ask me if you got any questions!
  • 38 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey dingostarR,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

You seem to know exactly what you want and appear to be a fairly accomplished player.

Like your name. I'm Australian and the dingo is our native wild dog.

Glad to see you getting more involved in the community. After all, it is a nice community.

Happy Grinding

Laz
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Hi dingostarR,

Great to see you've started blogging and are looking to get more involved in the community! :)

Unfortunately shots tend to backfire more often than not. However, I do think those shots, even if they fail, are a great learning school, and there will be a point where your shot will be successful and you can just move up to the higher limit. Just keep working on your game and I'm sure you'll get there!

Also, cool to hear that you make your own music. Any chance you have any videos or even just some tunes of it that you could showcase? :)

Looking forward to your updates!

Kind regards,
      Tino
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey dingostarR,

Welcome to the blogs. :)

You seem to know exactly what you want and appear to be a fairly accomplished player.

Like your name. I'm Australian and the dingo is our native wild dog.

Glad to see you getting more involved in the community. After all, it is a nice community.

Happy Grinding

Laz
      Hey Lazza

Thanks for the welcome

I was actually considering naming the blog ''The dingo stole my blind'' but as my current situation at the tables is really swingy i went for that title instead
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TinoLaan
      Hi dingostarR,

Great to see you've started blogging and are looking to get more involved in the community! :)

Unfortunately shots tend to backfire more often than not. However, I do think those shots, even if they fail, are a great learning school, and there will be a point where your shot will be successful and you can just move up to the higher limit. Just keep working on your game and I'm sure you'll get there!

Also, cool to hear that you make your own music. Any chance you have any videos or even just some tunes of it that you could showcase? :)

Looking forward to your updates!

Kind regards,
      Tino
      Hey Tino

I'm definately glad that i took the shots, i know i will be able to beat the limit as i have done it before though not as FFG, But it seems that it will take some time recuperating from the downswing i am having at the moment
      It seems i am trying to force things back on track, which is definitly not making things better! so at the moment it is my against my mind.

I think all of our music is available on youtube, so i will find a track and post it.
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      Nice to see a fellow Dane! If you want to talk strategy or anything feel free to add me with the community tool or at skype :)
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gadgaard
      Nice to see a fellow Dane! If you want to talk strategy or anything feel free to add me with the community tool or at skype :)
      Hey Gadgaard,

Cool to have a Dane posting in my blog! :)
      Yeah i am up for some strategy talk. Actually that was also one of the reasons why i started this blog - to expand my ''poker network'' as none of my friends are playing poker besides the odd homegame.
      i am going to add you here because i haven't really got around to using skype yet!

What limits are you currently playing?
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      A little something for the interested. It is a track i produced for our debut album that came out erlier this year, enjoy

Edit : no video anymore :f_cry:
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      ah, you should definately start to use skype :) I currently play nlsh 50
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gadgaard
      ah, you should definately start to use skype :) I currently play nlsh 50
      Hehe, maybe I should, but haven't really needed it yet.
      How are you doing on that limit?
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      The weekly update

Finally booked a winning week so that feels good + played a couple of mtts sunday with a little plus of about 20$ so its going in the right direction!
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Had a funny hand the other day. I was in a potentially big pot both 300bbs deep on another table, so i actually did't pay alot of attention to this table, normally i wouldn't open JTo UTG, but it turned out okay, i especially like villains rivercall :D

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5.23 (52.3 bb)
      SB: $18.72 (187.2 bb)
      BB: $12.32 (123.2 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $10.05 (100.5 bb)
      MP: $22.06 (220.6 bb)
      CO: $11.33 (113.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T J
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BTN calls $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.95) 9 J J (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($0.95) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.54, BTN calls $0.54, BB folds

River: ($2.03) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.16, BTN calls $1.16

Results:
      $4.35 pot ($0.20 rake)
      Final Board: 9 J J 5 9
      BTN mucked 7 7 and lost (-$2 net)
      Hero showed T J and won $4.15 ($2.15 net)
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      He had 3 pair, don't think you can blame him :f_cool:

Also, that graph isn't looking bad at all! Keep it up :)
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Haha, exactly ''Wow I've got 3 pair - that has to be good'' :D

Yeah it wasn't a bad week at all, i were really happy with how i played in the last part of the week and my confidence is yet again high!
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      So i decided not to play yesterday since it had been a hard day at work, but I still managed to win 120$!
      Got lucky in the ''mission week freeroll'' at pokerstars, finishing about 250, so that means that i actually just need about 5 stacks to be even for the month.
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      November wrapup

First part of November were great volume wise but the last 2 weeks were absolutely terrible with about 1500 hands due to me working alot and being tired when i had some grinding time. overall the volume is acceptable.

Results wise...

the graph speaks for itself, lost about 5 stacks of NL20 - got it back at NL10 - got doomswitched at NL10 plus playing really really bad, managed to play well for the last part, so i think that focus is a keyword this month, and recognizing when to stop for the day.
      Luckily i cashed about 150 in tours so when i am up for it i will be shotting at NL20 again!
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      So first week of December has been a bit bad volume-wise, but i can catch up later this month, i am taking some vacationtime around chrismas and new years, so there will be plenty of time to make up for the lost grind later!

Had a great session today, played and connecting well.
      Todays graph at NL10 :

You gotta love sessions like that.
    • Gadgaard
      Gadgaard
      Bronze
      good job mate, keep up the good work :f_thumbsup:
    • dingostarR
      dingostarR
      Bronze
      Happy Newyears guys!

So, unfortunately, I have been ill the past 4 weeks being insanly dizzy, so there hasn't been much to update about. Hopefully I will grind a few hands today to get back on the horse.

Goals for the new year is coming up as soon as possible!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey dingostarR,

Hope you have recovered. I noticed you have been quiet around the forums.

Cheers

Laz