This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL50 AKo

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $8,25
      BB:
      $48,44
      UTG:
      $5,25
      UTG+1:
      $98,29
      Hero:
      $12,09
      MP1:
      $36,17
      MP2:
      $9,97
      MP3:
      $78,13
      CO:
      $47,00
      BU:
      $34,51

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:diamond: , K:heart:
      UTG calls $0,50, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises to $2,50, 7 folds, UTG calls $2,00.

Flop: ($5,75) 6:club: , 5:spade: , 9:diamond: (2 players)
      UTG raises $2,75 (All-In) - Hero?

Limp/Call Early as Shortie
      Pot Odds thus Equity needed:
      8.5:2.75
      3:1

Call or Fold?
  • 4 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Folding the flop is terrible. Your equity is easily good enough here.
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      Hi,

I fold this hand if I was not using HUD. But if I see his vp$ip at the moment of play, I probably call, which doesn't mean that I'm right after all :) lol! It is because I personally have difficult to drop AK.

His vp$ip is high, but despite this fact the RPF is very tight and you have just 25 hands, that is not so much to base your action on that. As I said, I have difficult to leave my AK..

Resuming: I think you should fold.

But about the odds, I have this opinion: your pot odds is 3:1 and equity is 3:1... so in the long run you will not earn or loose money... Am I right judges?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Nice fishy opponent there with a 10BB stack. The fact he limps 50% of his first 25 hands is good enough for me to call his 1/2 potsize bet on the flop even if he looks tight postflop with 0.8%AF over the first 25 hands i don't think he necessarily is.

Imo he could have just about anything and there is no way i would let this go for the price you've been given.

I think he would play the same with any pair(or maybe any hand) after noticing that the pot was twice as big as his stack.

i wouldn't normally think twice about this situation... interesting hand!
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      If we have 6 clean outs its a marginal -EV spot because we have just about 20% EQ. But sometimes he will show us a hand like AT,AJ or even A2...
      Then we would have 85%, which really boosts our overall equity.

I think we are sometimes still ahead, so call!