bad beat

• g3o5g3
      g3o5g3
      Bronze
      I always have the impression that I am the worst looser in the world, when we speak about poker. I loose 90% of pocket A, K, or Q. that's fine, I know this is poker. BUT I can't understand why all my opponents win all this hands. for example, last night, at Winner, at my table were more than 10 pocket A and K, and all of them won. It camed my turn with pocket aces, i mooved Allin. Paid by 56, I lost less than half stack. Two hands after, I thought it's my turn to win with pocket K's, but...surprise! I was finished by suited 9/10 on the river. Am I cursed, or did that ever happeed to one of you?!?
  • 6 replies
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      I know it sux alot. And i can assure u that its not something unusual.

Know this, big part of what seperates a good player vs epic/great player is the skill to not put emotions in their game. Whats important is ur decisions, what comes after shouldnt affect u at all.
      Example, u get it in AA vs 27o preflop (Equity AA 88% vs 27o 12%) for 250 bb. Boom, thats the best u could have done. U should be happy there. But know that if u play that same situation 10000 times, the 27o will win 1150 times. So if we are gonna get sad and emotional that many times, u know the rest.

GL
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      HI g3o5g3,

I moved this to Beginners Questions forum for you.

Regards,

Mal.
    • g3o5g3
      g3o5g3
      Bronze
      yeah, I know, " no emotional felling". I'm not upset, I'm only asking miself, should I fold all pocket A and K preflop? :D cause if I just call, not raise, not push all-in, but someone else do the move, I just can't stop miself paying! i don't know, we'll just see! thanks for advice, see you at tables ;)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey g3o5g3

There are a couple of guys that asked the same question. And of course you shouldn't fold them. You know that to right? Just keep playing good, work on your game and things will turn around eventually!

Best regards

RasTweet
    • Shady7877
      Shady7877
      Basic
      HI g3o5g3, I feel you! Hang in there, play the odds, that what 'most' of the good players always do! I lost THREE times in a two hour session last week with AA! What are the odds to get AA three times in two hours?! That's one way of looking at it, then to lose ALL three times?! Bad day, but I'm looking at it like the next 8 times it's my turn! See ya at the tables!
    • g3o5g3
      g3o5g3
      Bronze
      yeah, I know it. you're right, i'll just play the hands no matter what. this is just poker ;)