FR Zoom NL25 - Buy in

• blom90
      blom90
      Bronze
      Hi,

I just started to play FR Zoom NL25. Over 10k hands i have won 14bb/100. Is this good or bad?

Right now I buy in with a short stack.

Is this a good idea or should i go for full buy in?

FR Zoom NL25 seems really soft, but I wonder if that is just because the fact that I buy in with a short stack. And then people think "hey, I can just loose that small amount of money if he win this all in" – what do you think?

I play tight ABC poker – should i buy in full or short?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      that winrate is extremely impressive especially for short-stacked play but the sample doesn't say much. I'm pretty sure it's not sustainable.

if you play ABC poker then it's even more unlikely that you can win so much. Short-stack play is not very good TBH, just a good starting point to learn beginner strategy
    • blom90
      blom90
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      that winrate is extremely impressive especially for short-stacked play but the sample doesn't say much. I'm pretty sure it's not sustainable.

if you play ABC poker then it's even more unlikely that you can win so much. Short-stack play is not very good TBH, just a good starting point to learn beginner strategy
      You was right – it wasn't sustainable.

This is my session last night:

Not the best timing to start playing full stacked. Even lost with quads once... :)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Hey blom90, don't be disheartened! EV net won is +2 BI which is great! Looks like you've been just getting coolered a couple times and losing with quads is just :f_eek:

As mbml said, 10k hands is nothing (and neither is 15k), so imo you should just play and play and play as long as your bankroll allows it and review after you have about 100k hands.

When you say you play with a short stack, what exactly do you mean? Playing with a short stack means there isn't much "play" involved, because you are often making your final decisions preflop or on the flop at the latest simply because your stack doesn't allow for anything else. Not to mention having very little implied odds with a short stack.

On the other hand, if you play with 100bb+ you have to consider all streets when making any single decision. Although this is difficult it will allow you to be put into tougher spots where you ultimately learn a lot more about the game and you will improve a ton. Not only that, but stacking someone for 100bb is always nicer than stacking them for 40bb :)

If you are serious about switching it up to 100bb it will definitely require some adjusting, so why not drop down a stake or two just to get a feel and get some hands in with 100bb? There are tons of resources in the strategy section and videos that will be helpful in making the transition. Also, don't forget to post hands in the hand evaluation forum!

Keep us updated with how it goes if you do decide to switch over to BSS :D

Lewis.