[NL2-NL10] BB with J, T

• vedran2006
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, T (Comment)
      2 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,35) Q, 5, K (3 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $0,35, MP3 folds, CO calls $0,35.

Turn: ($1,05) J (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0,50, Hero calls $0,50.

River: ($2,05) 2 (2 players) (Comment)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1,50, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $2,05

Have i done right things this hand
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Hi Vedran

I would use the export button (Right underneath your Elephant screen if you go to your hands tab) to make this read easier. Press on PS and it is automatically copied to your clipboard so you can paste it here.

As played, I would have check/called on the Flop, Turn & River untill you have made your Straight. This is because its a multiway pot

so Flop: Check / Call up till potsized bet
      Turn: Same
      River: No Straight made? Check/fold.

If you have made your straight, ofcourse lead out with a 2/3 till potsized bet
    • davidangel
      When I play freeplay I use the hand odds/pot odds comparison and I only bet with a made hand. In this case you have a OESD and your odds to complete on the turn are 5:1. There is .35 in the pot and you must check the flop. Lets say MP3 minbets the flop and CO calls, now the pot is 5.5 and you need to call .1 This gives you correct odds and you can call. Lets say MP3 bets .2 and CO calls, now pot is .85 and you need to call .2 This gives you 4.25:1 odds. In this case I would look at implied odds, ie, how much will you win if you hit on the turn? OK, so lets say the pot is 6.5 and the turn blanks you again, so you check. The CO bets half pot .3 giving you 3.1:1 odds. Even if we add 2 jacks and give you 10 outs the odds are still 3.5:1 So you can see that unless the pot is minbet or you have good implied odds you will lose money chasing. Post-flop play can be tricky, read more articles.
    • vedran2006
      thank you all.
      i am reading :)
    • IngolPoker
      play your draws passively in freeplays unless they are monsterdraws and checkcall according to odds&outs

do NOT call potsize bets, as gerv suggested!