[NL2-NL10] NL10 ATs is this ok played?

• vedran2006
      0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A:diamond: , T:diamond:
      Hero raises to $0,30, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,30, 3 folds, SB calls $0,25, BB folds.

Flop: ($1,00) 9:diamond: , 5:spade: , J:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $0,80, Hero calls $0,80, MP2 calls $0,80.

Turn: ($3,40) K:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($3,40) 8:diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $1,10, Hero raises to $2,90, 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $5,60

Another, is this one better.
  • 4 replies
    • Gerv
      Hi Vedran2006,

FIrst of all, AT suited is an unplayable hand in Early position. With AceJack you cannot play this one either in Early Position and even with AQ, you cannot do this.

I refer to the StartingHandsChart located here. Studying this one will definitly help!

So Fold Pre-Flop next time if you have ATs EP

As Played:

Preflop: Always raise 4bigblinds + 1BB per limper so you should raise it up to $0.40

Flop: You have a Flushdraw + 1 overcard and 1 out for your backdoorstraight. Which means you have approximately 12 outs which is a monster draw. I refer my statement according to this article
      So you should reraise 3 times his bet which makes $2.4, If I am correct, you should go All-in then.

Turn & River: No plays here since you are all-in

I hope this makes sense,

- Gerv
    • davidangel
      Is this BSS hand?
      If you are playing SSS...
      The coaches will tell you to stick to the SHC :D
      I will tell you to limp and they will say NOOOOOOOOOO! Bad David. So fold preflop. No really, I would fold
      The SHC is a math calculation. The BR only goes up small amounts, and losing 20BB to a hand not on the chart is a direct hit to the bankroll.
      EG, you won 34BB by risking 20BB. You only complete a turn-river flush draw every second time, therefore, you lose 4BB.
      SSS winnings are small, any leaks and all you do is float, to many leaks and you sink.
    • alejandrosh
      gerv is right, the only thing i would add is that you have 40BB and shouldn't be playing ATs with 40bb while shortstacking (actually as gerv said you should fold ATs on utg+2 with 20bb , 15bb, 10bb or whatever you have)
    • IngolPoker
      #2 gerv+alejandrosh

btw: BAD DAVID ;)