SSS minraises

• 8 replies
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      i think you never stop :D theres plenty of minraiser fishes on every limit :) and put notes on guys who minraise QQ KK AA or whateverhand they raise
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      Min-raises are to be treated as a raise, not a limp. In higher levels I feel that a min-raise often is more likely to be a monster in disguise than a bad hand.

A raise is a raise no matter if its 2xBB or 5xBB. If you call and someone min-raises behind you then its ok to call the additional bet. Otherwise you just re-raise the re-raising hands.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Min-raises are to be treated as a raise, not a limp. In higher levels I feel that a min-raise often is more likely to be a monster in disguise than a bad hand.

also limps can disguise a monster, so minraise=limp , most of the times is just a weak hand
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      I noticed that minraise most of the times is weak, if someone shows AA with this move, take a note on him and play correct next time. But miraises after limper(s) and minraise after raise (and limpers) is usualy strong.

In short

Minraise no limpers = weak
      Minraise with limpers or raises before = strong

If opponent hand is opposite, take a note and play accordingly.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      I treat all min-raises as a limp and as long as i have a hand that is in the correct position to raise with, then i raise 3xinitial raise +1 raise for each additional caller of that min-raise.
    • JonatanW
      JonatanW
      Bronze
      You will lose a lot of money by treating all min-raises as limps.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      The vast majority of times that this has happened i have come out on top and if they did min raise with a monster pair then i just make a note of it for next time and play accordingly.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JonatanW
      You will lose a lot of money by treating all min-raises as limps.
      Well I haven't lost a lot by RRaising that with a sample size of 50,000+ hands :D

Minraises or clickraises firstin to 2BB should be considered on an individual basis so you should NOTE down whoever minraises his hand with Monsters asap to prevent further damage to your play.

When reraising, I tend to reraise 3.5 to 4 instead of 3x because of the Pot odds you give to him.

I saw a lot of people clickraising with 43s/P5/J8s etc. Some were AA but they have been noted down. So what you say is not entirely true JonatanW