This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 AJ miss flop

• davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10.75
      Hero:
      $2.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 4:spade: , 7:diamond: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $0.85

With the pot 1/2 my stack do I push?. Not sure how to make the math calculation... any advice?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Assume that whenever Villain donkbets you, that you are going to get called unless his donkbet is a minbet or something.

So with having that said, its pretty safe to calculate it from there so if he folds, well then you win it ofcourse ;) so

Pot + Your Stack that is going to call + your stack : Your remaining stack

$0.85 + $1.6 + $1.6 // $1.6
      $4.05 / 1.6
      2.5/1 = 28% you need.

But apart from that, I would fold this one because there are Two :ds, a King which makes your Jack rather useless and discount your Ace which leaves you with 2 clean outs BUT even then, if you face AK, your actually drawing ''dead' more or less. For 2 outs you need 11:1 based on 2 cards to make it +EV

As you can see, its a clear fold.
      - Gerv
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      So I would need 7 clean outs then? Say if my hand was diamonds instead of clubs, I have 11 outs + backdoor, so thats an easy shove?

Pot + Your Stack that is going to call + your stack : Your remaining stack

Is there an article with this formula in it?
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      with just 1 overcard i dont even start calculating ;)
      if you would have a flushdraw you would play it as a made hand according to basic articles!