Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10.75
      Hero:
      $2.00

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:club:
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, BB calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.85) 4:spade: , 7:diamond: , K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.75, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $0.85

With the pot 1/2 my stack do I push?. Not sure how to make the math calculation... any advice?
  • 3 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Assume that whenever Villain donkbets you, that you are going to get called unless his donkbet is a minbet or something.

So with having that said, its pretty safe to calculate it from there so if he folds, well then you win it ofcourse ;) so

Pot + Your Stack that is going to call + your stack : Your remaining stack

$0.85 + $1.6 + $1.6 // $1.6
      $4.05 / 1.6
      2.5/1 = 28% you need.

But apart from that, I would fold this one because there are Two :ds, a King which makes your Jack rather useless and discount your Ace which leaves you with 2 clean outs BUT even then, if you face AK, your actually drawing ''dead' more or less. For 2 outs you need 11:1 based on 2 cards to make it +EV

As you can see, its a clear fold.
      - Gerv
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      So I would need 7 clean outs then? Say if my hand was diamonds instead of clubs, I have 11 outs + backdoor, so thats an easy shove?

Pot + Your Stack that is going to call + your stack : Your remaining stack

Is there an article with this formula in it?
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      with just 1 overcard i dont even start calculating ;)
      if you would have a flushdraw you would play it as a made hand according to basic articles!