[NL2-NL10] What'd I do wrong here?

• Therk
      Therk
      Bronze
      I'm just wondering what I could have done better in this hand: (Note Im nooby)

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q, Q (Comment)
      MP1 raises to $0.24, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.24, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.54) Q, 9, A (2 players) (Comment)
      MP1 bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26.

Turn: ($1.06) T (2 players) (Comment)
      MP1 bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75.

River: ($2.56) 4 (2 players) (Comment)
      MP1 raises $3.31 (All-In), Hero calls $3.31.

Final Pot: $9.18

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qs Qh)
      MP1 shows a straight, ace high (Kh Jd)

MP1 wins with a straight, ace high (Kh Jd)
  • 5 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      If you raised 3x his bet on the flop he probably would have folded with bad pot odds
    • Therk
      Therk
      Bronze
      but thats not what you really want with a set of queens...
    • Dragar
      Dragar
      Bronze
      Yes you do....

I see what happened to you happen so many times already.

Last thing I did to someone was beat his KK with AK on the river since he tried to slow play it. Against a proper flop bet or re-raise preflop I would have folded... but this guy just calls my min-raises on the flop and turn, not even knowing that I am drawing. When the ace comes he of course doesn't expect me to have it.

Go online and look up a strategy called: Semi-bluffing (this is what your opponent did on the flop and you fell for it)

Do not slow play your big hands since your up against something else thats big.

Another example:
      I won around 9$ of someone because he slow played his set on the flop. I got my higher set on the turn, he never knew and went all in against my raise.

Whenever you see any kind of draw on a board which can be completed with high cards, as in nuts flush draw, high open ended street... you goto play aggressive. You goto raise all of his bets and make big bets yourself if your sure your ahead.
    • Sasa1234
      Sasa1234
      Bronze
      Don't slowplay set on a drawy board. If the opponent doesn't have good hand he'll fold it anyway
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      pls use a hand converter to post hands
      1st of all reraise him preflop dont just call with qq(this hand has a lot of value by his own , dont play it just for set potential)
      raise his flop bet ( remember you want as much money in as you can with a set and you dont want him to buy a free turn ) and dont realy care about the cards that are coming , just aim to get the money in the pot with your set
      gl