This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aks

• Purity
      Purity
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 Deep No Limit Holdem
      9 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG Hornswaggler2 ($14.05)
      UTG+1 Filotrixer ($4.00)
      MP1 silent365 ($18.95)
      MP2 DAMABO ($27.75)
      MP3 sabro99 ($20.00)
      CO habanek ($5.00)
      BTN pokeraceg ($8.70)
      SB lurchi80 ($27.60)
      BB Hero ($16.45)
      [habanek posted $0.1]
      [sabro99 posted $0.1]

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 9 players) Hero is BB K:diamond: A:diamond:
      2 folds, silent365 calls $0.10, 1 fold, sabro99 checks, habanek checks, 1 fold, lurchi80 calls $0.05, Hero raises to $1.20, silent365 folds, sabro99 folds, habanek folds, lurchi80 calls $1.10

Flop: 2:diamond: T:diamond: 9:diamond: ($2.70, 2 players)
      lurchi80 bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90

Turn: T:club: ($6.50, 2 players)
      lurchi80 bets $3, Hero calls $3

River: 3:diamond: ($12.50, 2 players)
      lurchi80 bets $3, Hero goes all-in $10.35, lurchi80 folds

Final Pot: $18.50

I make a big pre-flop raise because there are alot of limpers and im oop most of the time if I get called. I get a call from the sb and flop the nuts.

Best case scenario, I'm in position and got him crushed. Now I don't play with stats so I don't know wether he's an agressive or passive player.

So how do I extract the most value?

Flop: I decide to smooth call him because the probability he has a flush aswel seems very small to me ( so I hope another flush card won't show up and kill the action ).

Turn : He fires another bullet, this got me thinking he could be holding a flush so I guess I should have raised him here. BUT I decided to stick to my original plan which was : If i want to extract as much value out of him as possible I must hope another flush card won't show up and just call the flop turn and raise him on the river.

River : flush card comes, to my surprise he stil bets

Reason why I played it passively is because I couldn't put him on a hand, so I didn't know if he was bluffing with air, or he actually had something.

I guess raising the turn is pretty obvious if I think about it :) or should I raise the flop aswel?
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      i actualy like raising the flop being this deep :
      1 you are deep and you want a lot of money in .
      2 you would do this with air too and aa too
      3 players as this limit dont fold when they should
      however in order to maximize value and get another street from a bluff is ok to call flop and raise turn . if he has a set sucks but usualy you are steal way ahead
      gl
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by srohack
      hi
      i actualy like raising the flop being this deep :
      1 you are deep and you want a lot of money in .
      2 you would do this with air too and aa too
      3 players as this limit dont fold when they should
      however in order to maximize value and get another street from a bluff is ok to call flop and raise turn . if he has a set sucks but usualy you are steal way ahead
      gl

"2 you would do this with air too and aa too" -- umm what do you mean here?

Wouldnt a raise on the turn scare him away on turn or river?