[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Aa

• piraya
      piraya
      Bronze
      How do I play this hand after the flop It feels like only a hand that beats me would call if i go all-in. Check after the flop seems wierd since i bet preflop and i have over pair.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $5,90
      Hero:
      $1,70
      BU:
      $4,55

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , A:diamond:
      3 folds, BU calls $0,10, SB calls $0,05, Hero raises to $0,40, BU calls $0,30, SB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,20) J:club: , 7:diamond: , 2:heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,30 (All-In), BU raises to $2,60, SB folds, BU gets uncalled bet back..

Turn: ($3,80) 4:heart:
      River: ($3,80) J:diamond:

Final Pot: $3,80
  • 8 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      right played
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      You should have actually raised to .60 as the BTN limped and the SB completed so 4 x BB + 1BB for each limper.

A good push on the flop and a well played hand. Well done.

You have got the nuts overpair so you want to be getting getting your money all in asap.
    • piraya
      piraya
      Bronze
      I did not see that I raised too little pre-flop, thanks for pointing that out.
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Bet .6 preflop <---- this is more important than you might think.
      If SB completes treat them as a limper.
      In this case a chum escaped you on the flop. Ideally you only want one caller and if you do get more you want them to get thier money in bad. So... if they both call .6 raise the pot is now 1.6 and your c-bet is 1.1 IF the first chum flat calls the pot is now 3.8 and the second chum might just get priced in (he gets his money in bad as he would otherwise fold if there was an A on the board since that kills his overcard outs). If the second chum folds you get +6BB without a showdown (one less hand seeing turn/river)
      Always c-bet your AA no matter the flop.
      In addition if you bet AA same as 77 you become unreadable.
      Post-flop play was perfect. On this board I am c-betting any starting hand.
      Only a set can beat you, and its near impossible to tell when it happens playing with unknowns, so dont worry about it. In this hand it would appear that the chum has hit a J or perhaps has a small pp and is putting you on AK-Q. His re-raise indicates protection. If he had a set he flat calls, hoping to lure in the other chum.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TheBu11d0g
      You should have actually raised to .60 as the BTN limped and the SB completed so 4 x BB + 1BB for each limper.

A good push on the flop and a well played hand. Well done.

You have got the nuts overpair so you want to be getting getting your money all in asap.
      I agree with this + the other posts posted here :)
    • piraya
      piraya
      Bronze
      Ofcourse he had a set :)

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and jacks (As Ad)
      BU shows a full-house, sevens full of jacks (7c 7h)

BU wins with a full-house, sevens full of jacks (7c 7h)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      Yeah, just another sign that the chum are chum. I mean, middle set, hidden holdings, dry rainbow board, 1 checker, 1 raiser.... I am flat calling to see if the SB wants to try to improve. Then put him on a hand on the turn and make a bet giving him bad odds, but still lucrative. Pushing the river in any case.
      Oh, and for all the bad beats the chum with low pairs gives you... one day this will happen again and you will hit your 2-outer... Aces full!
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      overpair = nuts