[NL2-NL10] NL25: Midpair - last to act

• TTT241
      TTT241
      Bronze
      Hello,

what would be correct play on flop when both of these checked. Roughly 0.6-0.7 of pot for cont bet was more that 1/2 of stack, so pushed it...

Thanks

TTT

P.S.: I know... there is > 25BB, but anyway how would you play it?

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      8 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $58.55
      Hero: $6.60
      MP1: $5.90
      MP2: $18.10
      CO: $26.80
      Button: $24.65
      SB: $13.75
      BB: $38.75

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with J J
      UTG raises to $0.5, Hero raises to $1.5, 5 folds, BB calls $1.25 (pot was $2.35), UTG calls $1 (pot was $3.6).

Flop: Q 6 5 ($4.6, 3 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, Hero is all-in $5.1, BB calls $5.1 (pot was $9.7), UTG calls $5.1 (pot was $14.8).

Turn: 5 ($19.9, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $19.9)
      BB checks, UTG checks.

River: 5 ($19.9, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $19.9)

Results:
      Final pot: $19.9
      UTG showed Qh Kh
      Hero mucks Jc Jd
  • 4 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      When you are in a multi-way pot and there is overcards to your PP on the board it is safe to assume your hand is trash. In this case you are in bad, the BB flat called, often indicates 2 large paint cards and the UTG limp/called, often indicating small PP, Ax or Kxs.
      Personally, I would check/fold this hand. IF there was only 1 villian I am c-bet all in, or IF the flop shows no A K or Q as well, remember, overpair = nuts.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      I know u know, but wil remind it, you were on 25bb, get out and play only KK/AA if waiting till utg ;p

And vs 2 players pair of jacks is a tought one, but i would say that considering the fact that:
      1. You got >25bb, so if they know a bit about SSS they will think you play only AA/KK
      2. You raised pref
      3. There is only one overcard
      4. No flushes, or straights (doubt that someone got OESD here)
      5. Trips are possible only if someone got QQ
      6. Villians checked to you, so if someoen got queen, it's scared one with low kicker (qt maybe) so he may fold it to big bet

I would fire at it
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      preflop is definitely ok, JJ is a strong enough hand

then the flop is cf against two opponents with an OC. their checks do not always mean weakness because its normal to check to the PFA.

If the turn is a good card and they check again you can fire
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      Originally posted by davidangel
      When you are in a multi-way pot and there is overcards to your PP on the board it is safe to assume your hand is trash. In this case you are in bad, the BB flat called, often indicates 2 large paint cards and the UTG limp/called, often indicating small PP, Ax or Kxs.
      Personally, I would check/fold this hand. IF there was only 1 villian I am c-bet all in, or IF the flop shows no A K or Q as well, remember, overpair = nuts.
      Totaaly agree with David here. Well explained