always when it matters

• slickdigital
      slickdigital
      Bronze
      Was playing 3 small MTT's to try and build up my bankroll - paid places were 5, 10 and 10, was in them all as we got down to the last 18..

On the first I got to the final table in 5th place - 2nd hand in I got AA and went out in 10th to 77's hitting quads..

Then the second went out in 13th, had KK in the cut off x3 raise ( as BB was massive chip leader) and had pushed me off a couple early on....He went right over the top again. I called he showed QJ off and went on to hit Q trips..

Shortly after ( and I accept annoyed with the previous events) made a bad timing play with middle pair HU with SB..out in 16th..

I accept it happens and its the game..but why does it have to happen so consistantly when it really matters....
  • 5 replies
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      Even in the first hand it really matters...
      You goal must be to play good poker and the results will come
      Next time you may suckout and win big
      +EV and noting else matters :D
    • slickdigital
      slickdigital
      Bronze
      still on the £2 MTT's to try and build back up - Just came 6th of 211 for £21 - however lost 2/3 of my stack, with 12 left - with AQ in BB against A10 (SB) - he hit a st8 (( held out as long as I could - ultimatly pushing in with Q3 as majoity of my stack was already in the middle - he had A4 - hit is ace and time to move on to the next..
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      The professional tournament players have a non cash streaks of 20+ games
      Of a sample of 50 tournaments you may 10-20% ITM and only one or two big winnings.
      This one or two tournaments it the difference b/ 40 or 140% ROI

So always play to be first and you may become a winning poker player

Good luck on the final table on the main event of WSOP
      there will matters the most ;)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cannell555
      If you play 10 SnG's and in that time, you get the chips in 10 times, with 70/30 equity. The odds say we will win 7, lets for example say that we do win 7. You think at the time of winning the hand, well I had the better hand so thats fair.

But...

You also loose 3 of them. You then think this is a joke, I was way ahead, and he sucked out. Now i've lost because of a bad beat.

Hi slickdigital,

After I gave this reply in one of your other threads, I thought you understood.

You say its always when it matters, its not. Thats just when you notice it more. As I have said before, you need to look at poker in a whole new light. With the way your looking at it now, you'll never become a top player. You need the correct mentality to suceed.

Also, MTT's are a great way to make a huge profit, in a short time. They are definaitly not for roll building though. They are simply to swingy for roll building.

What i'm simply saying is, take a step back, and look at the whole picture. If you are loosing in the long run, you need to find out why. You dont want to blame it on things like "always when it matters". If you go on blaming such beats, you will never progress.

BTW, future SnG/Tournament posts should be posted in the SnG/Tourney section.

Also you should post your hands in the Sample hands forum. Commenting on other peoples hands, and other threads in general is a great way to progress as a poker player.

Best regards,
      Stiev
    • slickdigital
      slickdigital
      Bronze
      I will post in the correct place next time - sry

With regards your other comments I have taken them on board, I like to think I do look at "the whole picture"

I have said that I accept the luck element of the game - however for you to say "if you keep blaming beats you will never progress" I have to disagree- bad beats are part of the game and when your play is right all you have is blame.

I am happy that when "it matters" 7/8 times out of 10 I make the right play -something I didnt use to be able to say say- hence my game has improved...

I will however not post any further moans about bad beats))) but hope you understand that while I have much to learn about the game - the main issue isnt the bad beat its the bad play thats rewarded)))