Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $1.00
      Hero:
      $5.96

0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG calls $0.04, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.04, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, SB calls $0.22, BB folds, UTG raises to $1.00 (All-In), UTG+2 folds, Hero raises to $5.96 (All-In), SB folds.

Flop: ($7.28) 8:diamond: , 6:diamond: , 9:club:
      Turn: ($7.28) 2:diamond:
      River: ($7.28) 4:diamond:

Final Pot: $7.28

Villain had been playing like if under the influence, so I went for the isolation bet. Is this too risky?
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      No, I like your shove. UTG limps 80%, so his hand range is really large and pot is big enough to make shove profitable.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      No, I like your shove. Only KK and AA beats you and you have no reason to believe that one of the players has these hands.
      wat? I think you misread his hand - it`s not AK, it is KQ. Any A high, KK, QQ beats us.

As for hand i wouldnt raise it after UTG limp and call from UTG+2. One more reason i wouldnt like to raise is that there are still players left behind us too and really, KQ is not strong hand. But tbh i have no idea how to play on this limit.

and i have no idea what "atm" mean :D
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Grimzor
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      No, I like your shove. Only KK and AA beats you and you have no reason to believe that one of the players has these hands.
      wat? I think you misread his hand - it`s not AK, it is KQ. Any A high, KK, QQ beats us.

As for hand i wouldnt raise it after UTG limp and call from UTG+2. One more reason i wouldnt like to raise is that there are still players left behind us too and really, KQ is not strong hand. But tbh i have no idea how to play on this limit.

and i have no idea what "atm" mean :D
      You´re right. I misread hand.
      But since pot is big and I doubt that SB would call our push and UTG doesn´t probably hold monster, since he limps 80%, then I like shove.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      atm = machine where you get money from in the street with your credit card = very bad player giving money away

I dont have to worry about villain, I just worry about SB calling my shove, but since he called earlier I risked it. Is this ok?

With an atm at the table I must get his money before someone else does! They dont last long at the table.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Shoving is fine.
    • heartburn13
      heartburn13
      Bronze
      sorry cant see what stack size the small blind has here can
      someone help me here. I got to say this play is a little bit to
      bold for me, but ok im hearing what you say, but the small
      blind stack size is really crucial to any bold move here for me.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by heartburn13
      sorry cant see what stack size the small blind has here can
      someone help me here. I got to say this play is a little bit to
      bold for me, but ok im hearing what you say, but the small
      blind stack size is really crucial to any bold move here for me.

SB has $3.32, 33 vpip/0 rpf/53 hands