elephant on ubuntu

• mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      well..title sais it all :D

I would like to ask the linux users for some help with instaling the elephant on ubuntu 8.04 (hardy). I noticed in other threads that installing elephant caused some headaches even for vista users so...in my case it should be more complicated, but...

in case nobody will come up with solutions, my plan is to install and run XP as a normal program in my system. it requires about 1 gb of disk space for the install files and I'll give it some 4-5 gb more for the software I will be forced to use with it
      I'm a little bit skeptic about this one, so feel free to reply with any other options I would have and your opinion on what I intend to do with running windows 'inside'

mishuq :)
  • 4 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      "Inside" ? I guess you mean with vmware and this will be easiest option for linux newbie since it will not give you a headache and it will run just fine.
      Running elephant with wine is possible (at least it was, dunno about now) but you need to grab a lot of dlls and programs + be ready for many problems whle using.
    • mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      vmware was my option from the beginnings
      so you're saying it will work without any other problems I could have while using wine ?
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      Pretty much yes because you are in fact running that other operating system, but on virutal hard drive and with virtual hardware so i don't see any problem.
      As for transfering handhistory between linux and vmware windows, i use dropbox for that with handhistory folder symlinked to it and on windows pokertracker reading hands from dropbox directory :D
    • andreibalint
      andreibalint
      Bronze
      Is there any sense in even trying to 9table+pt3 in vmware if i have a laptop with 1.6ghz and 1gb ram?