This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH: QQ on AA6ss flop

• Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      $0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
      4 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      Hero ($50.75)
      BTN ($49.25)
      SB ($10.05)
      BB ($49.95) 26/23/3.0 ~200 hands

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 4 players) Hero is CO Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      Hero raises to $2, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50

Flop: 6:diamond: A:heart: A:diamond: ($4.25, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3, BB raises to $6, Hero calls $3

Turn: J:club: ($16.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $8, Hero ???

What do I have to think of villians line?
  • 7 replies
    • Snodreliss
      Snodreliss
      Bronze
      What hands will he do this with?
      Ax, 66, for sure...
      Other, PPs. TT-AA he 3-bets pf so I don't think they are in his range.
      I think he can make a second barrel with hands like 88-TT, or he hit the jack with some kind of TJ, JQ, JK.. He won't make a turn bet with flushdraw here.

I'd call turn. And re-evaluate on river.
    • TimoDee
      TimoDee
      Bronze
      I think he would bet on turn with any PP, because he doesn't put you on any A due to 2 aces being out.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Against someone who's rather passive I'd fold flop. Against an aggressive player I'd prolly call this turn bet. Too bad u didn't add any stats, ... but I guess I'd bite the bullet and call hoping to see a free showdown. If he would bet 2/3 pot on river or more I'm folding, unless I hit my Q.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      AGainst aggressive opponent I liek to check back on that flop and let him bet on the turn. Once I bet flop I think it is b/f, since he has A more often than flushdraw.
    • Diedobal
      Diedobal
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      AGainst aggressive opponent I liek to check back on that flop and let him bet on the turn. Once I bet flop I think it is b/f, since he has A more often than flushdraw.
      Why do you think he has an Ace that often in his range?
      I mean, he's a pretty solid player, 26/23 means he wont play rubbish hands OOP. Therefore I think he's folding A2-AT preflop, and 3 betting with AQ/AK.

More likely to have a pp or some suitedconnectors?

What does villain check/minreraise on flop mean? Does anyone ever play Ax like this on a drawwy board? Just a cheap semi bluff with a flushdraw?

+ On the turn he bets 8/16, which is not much of a protection bet.

Makes sense?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      26/22 might protect with A5s-ATs, agree that AQ and AK he should 3-bet.
      Just I think that he would c/r bigger with flushdraw or bluff. But either way I don´t like calling down here with QQ, which I should do if I b/c flop, call turn and river is brick.
      Seems a lot of valuebets to me that ś why I´d fold turn (if not on the flop )
      But all your arguments made sense. Just different opinions about his hand range.
    • Talic
      Talic
      Bronze
      I dont see 26/23 player playing OOP A-Medium, but I would prefer more stats! If he dont think about you as a fish and his range isnt deformed I see him here having Ace almost never. With 26/23 its re-raise with A-medium from blinds.

I can c/r flop this way with smth. like 77-99, maybe TT, Its harder for me to imagine 2nd bullet with J on turn.

so.. if he isnt making a move here, he have here pocket 6's IMO like ALWAYS. Its just soo strong line he played, lots of lots of value betting here.