When to fold KK Redux

• SalamiandCheese
      I was trying to figure out how many times it's expected that you will face AA when holding KK on a 10 player table. Odds of being dealt KK are 220/1. Odds of another player being dealt AA while you are holding KK are around 22.6/1. Odds of being dealt KK while another player holds AA is 5215/1.

Anyways, is it better to call a re-raise with KK preflop, reraise again or just go all-in? I've been burned going all-in with KK vs. AA at least 3 times in the last few days and I'm getting pretty tired of it. X(
  • 4 replies
    • erptech
      If you're playing SSS, thats no reason for worry, just play them as usual, and NEVER fold them preflop
    • davidangel
      Yeah, odds of pair over pair with KK are quite rare. I looked back at my KK hands (+168BB) winnings over 3k hands. Besides the one donk who fished out with A3o the only hand that has beat them are AA (3 losses/1 win with trip K)
      Preflop, hold em, dont fold em. The rare times you run into AA get balanced out by the times you dont.
    • DrFunk
      I think if you are playing BSS full-ring you can fold kings PF in some situations. If you have a specific read on player, let's say he is 8/2 over a large number of hands. I fold to a this kind of player to a possible 5bet... I sometimes call and usually i'm facing AA. Against shortstacks and middle stack i'm always pushing.

On micro limits you should almost always push, above only applies at NL20 and above.

Or flop another a king and stack villain. Simple. :D
    • TheBrood
      Only 1 hand beats you and you beat a lot of hands. So dont fold KK ever.
      But this is one reason why I stopped playing SSS, you are too predictable and people only play you with monsters.