Note taking

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok guys need some advice on what are the big categories for note taking on villians. I assume some would be what he donk bets with, does he bet his draws, what does he cap with preflop etc.

Also seeing that i multi table and review my session after what is a good replayer i can use (Poker Stars) so that i can start analyzing the regualrs games and make notes from that.

Also the question of adjusting to notes. What i mean byu that is how many times do u have to see a villian do a certain thing before u put it in stone and make the adjustment in your game. I mean the guy could just be on tilt, drunk, horny, hungry etc that one hand and now u go an prematurely adjust.
  • 6 replies
    • gape0000
      gape0000
      Bronze
      Well i note the people that play tricky mostly , like someone who is reraising pp's on say K high turn or raising river as a bluff, check/raising on paired boards and stuff like that, so i can make better decisions

I think u should note the things that help you the most , the plays that put u in hard spots

Regarding the last question; for me its enough if someone makes a funky play one time, its just the fact that i know he is capable of doing that so i know how to react better next time when a similar situation arrives
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      One of the things I do, is I will write a note and put a "?." For example, "slowplay top pair turn?. " If he does it again, I delete the "?."
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      I usually make a note after the first time. If he does it again, I put a X2 behind it.

things I note: what he donkbets with and when he does something really out of line, like 3-betting or capping with crappy hands, bluffraises on dangereous boards, donkbet later streets if a scarecard hits, limp/folds, etc, etc...
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Originally posted by strat9
      One of the things I do, is I will write a note and put a "?." For example, "slowplay top pair turn?. " If he does it again, I delete the "?."
      I'll do it that way too. If he is doing it very often I add a "!" and I count the times he did it as well with a I (2nd time) or II (3rd) etc..

I do take notes whenever someone isn't playing as the stats are saying he would normally play.
      A TAG who doesn't protect his toppair in a multiway pot or a passive opponent who likes to donkbluff the river (well that's not the most uncommon thing but it's nice to be certain about that).
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      CAn u guys reccomend a nice hand replayer ?

I would like something where i could take my PT database filter out all the hand a certain alias went to showdown with and then make notes.

WOuld i have to manually transfer the notes from the replayer to the poker client ?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      HoldemManager has one and PT3 probably too. Pokeroffice has a very nice one too. I have no idea about notes as I never used that.