$2.00
      MP3:
      $0.15
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $10.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J:heart: , J:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.10.
      UTG+2 raises to $0.30, MP1 folds, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), 4 folds, BB calls $1.90, UTG+2 calls $1.70.

Flop: ($6.15) T:spade: , 8:heart: , 2:heart:
      Turn: ($6.15) 3:spade:
      River: ($6.15) T:diamond:

Final Pot: $6.15

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and tens (Jh Jc)
      UTG+2 shows two pairs, queens and tens (Qs Qc)
      BB shows two pairs, aces and tens (Ac Ad)

BB wins with two pairs, aces and tens (Ac Ad)

Summary: I'm thinking I should have just folded since UTG2 seem's like another Short Stack player. Opinions?
  • 9 replies
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      You should 3bet utg+2 raise, and that makes it $0.90, definitely not all-in.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      As played it was played correctly and well done.

As for your thoughts re: UTG+2 being a SSS, there is a clear differeance between being a PS SSS who plays according to the SHC or someone who is scared about losing too much money so just buys in the minimum. You need to clarify which one is which before you start to adjust you're play.

If you decide that he is a true SSS then this article may be of use to you:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/169/

@ erptech - Although you are correct with the .90 re-raise this would have only left him .20 to bet with on the flop so going all-in pre-flop was perfectly acceptable.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erptech
      You should 3bet utg+2 raise, and that makes it $0.90, definitely not all-in.
      I would shove on Micros because you want to be against 1 opponent all-in. Going to the flop with more than 1 decreases your winning chances ;)

UTG2's AF is 1 so its definitely NOT a PS SSS player. Also your sample size is <100 thus invalid but he is rockish ye ;)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I agree with Gervinator.
      Sample size is small, but in any event 13/10 and only 1AF is not SSS, tight maybe but not SSS. I would guess this player makes the same 3x BB raise UTG with 99 or AQ.
      As for pushing preflop: CO posted dead money, and I count posters as limpers, so all-in preflop makes good sense here. BB holds AA, you both got cold decked, live laugh and move on.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      hmmm UTG2 doesn't have an agression factor yet ?

It's hard to get anything conclusive from the stats - but I had him tagged as a possible SSS from how he played a previous hand.

Thanks for the informative replies as always. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      hmmm UTG2 doesn't have an agression factor yet ?

It's hard to get anything conclusive from the stats - but I had him tagged as a possible SSS from how he played a previous hand.

Thanks for the informative replies as always. :)
      Im terribly sorry, I looked at the wrong guy!

nevertheless this guy got a sample size of 39 in which you only can see how Tight/loose he is playing in a short amount of time. But still I think you made a good decision because you are MP2 and want to isolate. ;)
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      I also looked at wrong utg, my bad
      I look at UTG2 stats and think, here is a player who looks at his playable holdings and limps or min-raise pre-flop. After the flop he check calls to the river and hopes he wins. Without a large sample, who knows, I stick the the basics if I am not sure.
      UTG on the other hand could be possible SSS, after 200 hands or so it starts to get obvious. And after 1000 hands, its like wearing a neon badge. (no really, thats my excuse for limping SB, keeps the other sharks off my tail) :D
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      not so sure about that shove.
      too few stats, and much players behind.
      in this particular hand he would also end up being all in anyway.
      and also, since we have no more info on the player and he seems to play sss, 3betting in utg+2 means some strength, so i would be somewhat careful at least and wait to see the action after me. altough i don't think it's bad play, it's just the way i would play in such situation
      Bronze
      I like your play here, myself i rarely raise 3x and shoving fast on low limit games is usually +EV.

But there's something I want to point out. If you had deeper stats (lets say from few houndred hands) on this guy, you could've 3bet according to the equity calculation. For more information look at one of ours gold articles after you achive gold status.