Datamining at Full Tilt Poker

• thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      If you want to datamine make sure Elephant is datamining:
      C:\Program Files\Full Tilt Poker\HandHistory
      and simply go to a table and that person's stats will be recorded even if you are not sitting down! What I do is turn on 16 tables before I go to bed and close the tables when I get back from work. When you play at the tables you know everyone's stats!

Have fun,

TheDahl
  • 13 replies
    • xxshannonaxx
      xxshannonaxx
      Bronze
      datamining is now against the terms of aggrement in the fulltilt eula so just be careful
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      what i would suggest is that you don't login with you cash account when you are datamining. just in case. You can just go on as an observer.

full tilt is just asking for it, they make it too easy to mine.
    • WildBeans
      WildBeans
      Bronze
      Are you sure it datamines when you're only observing? Because I watched a table for about 5 minutes before I joined it, and everyone's stats started on 1 hand...
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      unless they changed the software in the past week, it should

just open the table and let your software auto import
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      it didn't work with me being offline, do you mean creating a play money account and use it to datamine?

anyone keeps datamining fulltilt?

Players may not use databases that include hand histories from hands that they did not personally participate in. This includes large subscription databases, and "hand swapping" with other players. Players who use such databases are deemed to be gaining an unfair advantage over their opponents and will have their accounts closed permanently. Any outstanding balance in their account will be forfeited and used to compensate the victims.

Kind of scary, i don't understand, if i open a table before going in and see a couple of hands or i'm sitting out on a table i could get my account closed ?(
    • hammiemon85
      hammiemon85
      Bronze
      hm.. i guess it doesn't work without logging in.

anyway.. when you are not playing at the tables but just money, the histories show up as xxxxxxx.tmp files in the HandHistory folder.
    • kingdippy2008
      kingdippy2008
      Bronze
      so hold on a sec. when i go and watch the high stakes $500/$1000 tables with the pros on and all that, i could be deemed dataming???
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      they won't close your account or w/e just coz you occasionally observe some tables. if you datamine 24/7 on 18 tables, you might get a warning and then, if you don't stop doing that, they might close your account :)
    • clipto
      clipto
      Bronze
      so is it against the rules to use pokertracker ?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clipto
      so is it against the rules to use pokertracker ?
      no, it's against the rules to use databases of other players.

I just woke up and I'm thinking about downloading HH and editing them so they look like they're my own hands, i'm a little confused about if i read this or I dreamed about this (no, I wasn't drinking)
    • thedahl
      thedahl
      Bronze
      How can they prove you are datamining?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      I guess they can see you are on lots of tables as an observer and with elephant opened, but i started thinking , how can they know which hands do you have in your database? it get ridiculous to think they are going to check every hand history you have and see if you were in that table ?(
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      It also messes up my sss strategy due to too my sitouts at the table.

Boo Hoo to you bad bad boys ;) :D