This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH T8s

• TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $3.80
      BB:
      $6.06
      Hero:
      $5.38
      MP3:
      $0.51
      CO:
      $5.29
      BU:
      $0.97

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T:club: , 8:club:
      Hero calls $0.02, 2 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB calls $0.01, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.08) 8:diamond: , 3:club: , K:heart: (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.06, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.20) 4:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.20) T:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.14, SB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.14.

Final Pot: $0.76
  • 5 replies
    • AndriusLT
      AndriusLT
      Bronze
      Don't play such hands from utg. You may play from button but you should open raise if everybody folded to you.

As played I wouldn't bet middle pair with 4 players in the pot but I'd bet turn and river.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      SB and BB were so bad I wanted to get in with any 2 promising cards lol

On flop only 1 person to act behind me so I bet my middle pair =)

On turn I apply brakes since hes so loose+passive he could have anything
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      T8s is not that bad of a hand, but if you decide to play that hand, then raise pf.
      I think you can also bet the turn, since your hand is strong and you have fold equity.
      I´d also call river.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      T8s is not that bad of a hand, but if you decide to play that hand, then raise pf.
      I think you can also bet the turn, since your hand is strong and you have fold equity.
      I´d also call river.

I didnt want to raise oop a marginal hand into 2 or 3 calling stations, they will call if I hit anyway. The idea is to see a cheap flop and hit a straight, flush or 2 pair. I usually just call drawing hands pf oop, why is this not recommended?
      Against these guys theres no fold equity lol they call with A high sometimes

ty in advance
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you limp, then you give blinds opportunity to see cheap/free flop and you can´t put them on a hand. So if you hit your medium pair or top pair, they might have better hand and you might loose a lot of money postflop.
      Also you have to hit two pair or better that get paid by other players, but that doesn´t happen too often.