$2.25
      MP1:
      $3.25
      MP3:
      $10.00
      BU:
      $10.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , A:club: . MP3 posts a blind of $0.10.
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, MP3 checks, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.45) 4:diamond: , T:club: , A:diamond: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.30.

Turn: ($1.35) 6:club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP1 folds, BU calls $0.70.

River: ($2.75) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.15 (All-In), BU calls $1.15.

Final Pot: $5.05

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and tens (Th Ac)
      BU shows a flush, ace high (5d Kd)

BU wins with a flush, ace high (5d Kd)

Overview: Really silly play in the end. I had BU on ace with a high kicker, so was trying to extract as much as possible with my two pair. Probably should have pushed on the turn to protect against a flushdraw.
  • 5 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      No need to post results.
      You provided a good analysis of what went wrong. BU stats indicate he would raise preflop with an A good kicker on the BU. vpip 17 he is limping Kxs Qxs and any braodway holdings
      Trapping,extraction and value betting are best left to BSS.
      Thinking about what the chum might do, what they may have or how they are playing is best left for a higher limit.
      In this situation you have 3 chum in the pool with you and 2 call your bet, so you are facing a pair, gutshot to broadway, definatly a flush draw and in some cases a longshot rag that the tuna just cant throw away until the turn card dashes all hope of a str8. :D On the turn you have 2 chum in the pool with you, I am shoving here (if you don't give them bad odds to chase then you are not getting the value you are looking for from your big hands). If either player holds the flush draw and a gutshot or set draw, then your turn bet is giving him great odds to call. And furthermore if the first one calls the second is now priced into a flush draw, and if he has a monster draw, he is making money off of you!
      The only way the chum eats the shark is when they suck-out.
      Goal of SSS is to get all the tokens in the middle at the first good opportunity, and make em pay to see all the cards, or simply gobble up whatever is left laying around. In this case if they fold the turn you gain 13.5 BB giving you 36BB total and the SSS mission is done, you win. If he calls the all in he loses 3 times and wins once. You win again.
      I hope my long winded speech helps you out.
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      Overview: Really silly play in the end. I had BU on ace with a high kicker, so was trying to extract as much as possible with my two pair. Probably should have pushed on the turn to protect against a flushdraw.[/quote]I can agree with this.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Trapping,extraction and value betting are best left to BSS.
      That's a very good point actually. I tend to forget that I'm strictly a SS player when involved in free-plays. But even then it was played poorly - not considering pot odds accurately and etc.

And thanks, yes your speech was very insightful ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Bet Pot on the Turn thus you have to go all-in.

or Bet Pot on Flop and shove on the Turn for protection ;)
      Bronze
      Too long comments for me to read so sorry if I'll be saying something already said ;) .

Generally I shove it preflop, directly. Reason: three limpers and you're oop postflop which sucks. Also, your perspectives are normally top pair with middle kicker (if an ace hits) or not too high top pair top kicker (on T-high board) could've been better. With preflop push you already have enough dead money so it's ok if everybody folds and if somebody decides to call he's most likely a dog (every pair has a coinflip with you and you're a dog against only AJ-AK which are unlikely to be in limper's range).