[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• veriz
      Should I have folded the hand here ?:( I was thinking of folding the hand but I couldn't drop it and pushed it. I guess it's an -EV ... or what do you think?

Known players:

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:heart: , J:club:
      MP1 raises to $0,40, 3 folds, BU calls $0,40, SB raises to $1,60, Hero raises to $1,95 (All-In), MP1 folds, BU raises to $1,75 (All-In), SB calls $0,35.

Flop: ($6,05) 2:club: , 2:spade: , 5:club:
      Turn: ($6,05) 9:club:
      River: ($6,05) K:heart:

Final Pot: $6,05
  • 6 replies
    • TheBu11d0g
      With there being a raise behind you you, you need to work out your remaining stack:original raise ratio, so:

so with a ratio of between 2.5:1 and 4:1 you push AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ so in your case it was a good decision to push. Well played.

*EDIT* Sorry i misread the betting sequence so my OP doesnt relate to your hand :D

With the two raises before you then its a automatic fold.
    • johnbeattie85
      You probably should have folded with two raises before you. I sometimes do the same thing if I haven't had a hand for ages, but it's -EV according to the starting hand chart.
    • armo
      There is a raise and reraise and neither of the villains look mega agressive so you can easily fold jacks.
    • davidangel
      Your move is -EV
      If the table is chum I am pushing here as well, but only at this limit. That would be a table read on your part. Did you just sit down? Unlikely, you have -20BB
      You have enough hands on MP1 to put him on a range, I would say you have him beat. BU is a total chum. repeat, BU is a chum, put him on your x-mas fish list. Sample size is to small for SB, would depend on your read.
    • Gerv
      You are playing against tight opponents and SB's PFR is 9 thus you can conclude that he only 3-bets with approx 1/3 of his PFR thus 3% = AK+ JJ+

Also MP1 is a TAG 14/10 so I count him on AQ/AK or TT+

Equilate this and you can conclude you get less bucks for your invested amount so I suggest a fold ;)

SHC also says fold but I like to give an alternative explanation

- Gerv
      I like calling here very much. First reason is you don't have strong enough stats to fold, second one is there's a bunch of dead money in the pot already (I assume BU's call as dead money and I'm often right).

If you're not sure, run equilator and type ranges you're putting your oponents on. Here I think BU has quite a wide range including many pocket pairs and even suited connectors, also SB shouldn't be so tight, he's a midstack so probably not too good player.