Anybody from Estonia?

• VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I've won a package for a tournament in Tallinn and would like to get in touch with somebody from there in order to give me some advice what would be interesting to visit and see, besides the poker, while I'm there.

Best,
      Vasil
  • 6 replies
    • HitThe1Out
      HitThe1Out
      Bronze
      Hi VaskataBuci,

xxx

I misunderstood :P
    • murrrsu
      murrrsu
      Bronze
      Hi you!

I live in Tallinn with my fiance, happy to help with any "insider tips" :f_cool:

When are coming, what do you wanna see or do?
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      I have a friend who worked for online poker company in Tallinn and he has Estonian GF so I could ask their recommendations. They don't live in there anymore as they moved to Helsinki Finland. But if you can't find anyone else I can ask them.

General idea is that there is the old town to stroll around nice coffee houses etc. Churches museums...brothels.. :D

Dunno what ever you can find from an old Baltic sea harbour city. And obviously modern section of the city..depends what you are interested to see really and when is this trip? Winter, springs, summer???
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      Ah murrrsu already found her way here...I think they are the bestones to help you.
    • MikkoMi
      MikkoMi
      Bronze
      Hi VaskataBuci,

Congratulations for winning the package. I'm not living in Tallinn but I used to so hopefully I can give you some tips. When is the tournament btw?

Probably you have already heard about the Medieval old town which is the absolute gem of Tallinn. From old town you'll find hundreds of bars and restaurants and beautiful places which are worth seeing.

Summertime Kadriorg is very beautiful park almost in the center of the city. If you are into art you should go to KUMU which is the national art museum. Another interesting place could be the old Patarei prison which was first opened as fortress and later served as Soviet prison 1919-2004.

I have not been to Tallinn for couple of years. Some of our members live in Tallinn atm so maybe they have some more up to date tips. :)

If you have time trio to Helsinki might be interesting as well.
    • VaskataBuci
      VaskataBuci
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Thank you for being so kind!

After all I've decided to not participate in this tournament. Hope I will have a chance in future to visit Estonia and hopefully Finland too. Btw my wife's greatest desire for vacation is to visit Lapland and Santa Claus :D

Thank you once again.

GL at the tables!

Vasil