Oulu - where can I buy pokerset?

• Chorche88
      Chorche88
      Bronze
      Hey guys. Does anybody know where is it possible to buy poker set in Oulu? I will be living here for 4 months as exchange student, and we would like to play some home games at dormitories :) .
      Thanks for any tips :)
  • 8 replies
    • MikkoMi
      MikkoMi
      Bronze
      Hi Chorche88,

Welcome to our Finnish community.

I'm not able to answer to your question but I'm sure help is on its way.

We have actually quite a few members from Oulu in the community. Maybe you'll invite some of them to your home games. :)

B.R.
      MikkoMi
    • Chorche88
      Chorche88
      Bronze
      Thank you MikkoMi !
      Sure, everybody who is interested in home games in Oulu, at Otokyla dormitories is welcome :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello Chorche88,

Many Finnish markets have chips to be sold, somewhere near Board Games section or even in toy section. Pro Poker Chips are at least usually very good quality, despite they are sold in toy section. Citymarket and Prisma are the stores where I would start my search!

Regards,

CPallo
    • HuhtalaJ
      HuhtalaJ
      Bronze
      I'm not from Oulu myself, but like CPallo said, you should be able to find ok chipsets from any bigger market: Prisma, Citymarket, Kärkkäinen, Tavaratalo for example.

Enjoy your exchange time :)
    • Chorche88
      Chorche88
      Bronze
      It's not in Prisma but I'll try Citymarket. Thank you :)
    • ghaleon
      ghaleon
      Black
      Not sure if they sell poker sets anymore in local stores. One option would be to buy one from some wWeb store. At least found one ok looking set with bit below 50€ here.
    • smaster
      smaster
      Bronze
      Have u tried Stockmann or Anttila? I think one of those should have pokersets. Both are located in the city center.

PS. I live in Oulu, if you have something other things to ask or home games to invite feel free to contact me through community!
    • Chorche88
      Chorche88
      Bronze
      Ghaleon: thank you, it looks good and 50€ is not so bad in Finnish prizes :D .

Smaster: No I haven't been in those yet, I'll try to find them.. but not today.. I have still hangover from the Carribien fever in Apolo last night :D . I must stop partying and focus on poker again :D . I will let you know about the home games when I get the poker set. It won't be any highstakes but still.. there are some rich French people in Otokyla who dont care about money much and want to play.. so why not :D