Raise on Flop

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      This comes up a lot and I'm not sure about the best thing to do: With hands that we are supposed "bet or raise once," like top- or over-pair, flushdraw, OESD, etc, do we still raise if one person bet and another one raised before us? Meaning do we still raise on the flop a second time (3-bet?) with these hands?
  • 5 replies
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      . . . Or should I play it as if I raised by another player after my raise and merely call.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      For an example, see hand posting of the same name.
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      [ ]tripleposting is cool

About raising - no... if i got the question right.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      If no raise, should it be a call or a fold?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi strat9,

I can't give you an answer what to do every time as this always depends on the situation.
      A toppair with a good kicker or verpair is often strong enough to 3-bet with. If your hand is too weak them you fold it. Coldcalling is no option as it's too expensive to draw.
      With a flusdraw and OESD it depends how many opponents there are. A coldcall and 3-bet is both possible. A 3-bet is good if you see a chance of being able to take a freecard on the turn. You shouldn't 3-bet with an OESD on a 2-suited flop as your outs aren't clean so it's better to just call.

By the way ou can use the 'Edit' button to add something to your post to prevent from making multiple posts. :)

EDIT: I just saw that TerrorBlade already answered your hand. Follow his advice here as this is a good spot for a 3-bet. :)