This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Ave's sample hands

• Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      Hand #1
      10 - - 10
      BB: $2.04
      - - 0 10

Hero: $2.00

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, Q. MP2 posts a blind of $0.10. (Comment)
      3 folds, MP1 calls $0.10, MP2 checks, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, SB folds, BB raises to $2.04 (All-In), 3 folds.

Final Pot: $2.89

I'm pretty sure a fold here was the right play, He could of been playing back cuz he thought i was stealing but i didn't think so, and with A,Q i didn't wanna find out.

Hand #2
      36 - - 0
      MP3: $9.33
      - - 0 11
      -------------------------
      9 - - 0
      CO: $2.62
      1.0 0 50 11

Hero: $1.85

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K, K (Comment)
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, 3 folds.

Flop: ($1.35) 9, A, Q (3 players) (Comment)
      Hero bets $1.45 (All-In), MP3 folds, CO calls $1.45.

Turn: ($4.25) 3 (Comment)
      River: ($4.25) T (Comment)

Final Pot: $4.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a pair of kings (Ks Kd)
      CO shows a pair of jacks (Js Jc)

Hero wins with a pair of kings (Ks Kd)

Was it right to just push all-in here? should i of handled it different?

The Ace scared me, but i was hoping he hit the queen :P . I just shoved cuz i wasn't folding kings, and i was hoping if he hit ace-2 or something he'd fold it.

thats the hands for now. I think they are pretty basic but i just got my elephant to work so i wanted to post some hands.
  • 4 replies
    • davidangel
      davidangel
      Bronze
      The judges will want you to convert your hands.

In hand #1 you have put .6 into the pot and you have 1.4 remaining. Ratio = remaining chips : original bet or 2.3 : 1
      Ratio chart says less than 4:1 push AQ
      fold = wrong play.

In hand #2 I cant really comment, as I refuse to fold KK at NL10 :D
    • Ave27
      Ave27
      Bronze
      oh i forgot to check that... My bad. I guess sticking to the SHC its a call. Thanks for the help, i'll have to remember this for next time.
    • TheBu11d0g
      TheBu11d0g
      Bronze
      You never ever call when using the SSS, its either fold or raise/push.

David was exactly right with his calculations for hand 1 so you should be pushing your AQ all-in there.

As for hand 2 it was well played because with AA or KK you want to be getting your money all-in as as you can.
      Bronze
      Somethin's not right with the hand convert. I can't see the suits of the cards, and yes, they have their meaning :) .

But well, hand 1: you have to follow the calculations our basic articles provide, calling here is ok.

Second one: accoring to the same articles I mentioned before, it's a check/fold, but I think it's close. The pot's really large, so shoving may be ok.