Against Slowplay

• strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      I posted a hand earlier ("raise on flop") that corresponded with a question. On the sample hand, an evaluator wondered why I checked the turn. Looking at it now, it does look terrible. But i was probably on scared-money tilt because of so much slowplay at .02/.04 and recently .1/.2.

Slowplay puts me on tilt more than anything because it makes me the maddest. I can handle donks hitting the river, well called draws hitting, etc.
      I can handle it because if I play correctly and still lose, it was mostly the luck factor. But slowplay is different because the player is trying to be tricky. I have burned slowplay many times by hitting a draw or by checking and it is very satisfying. But I don't have a whole lot of real knowlege on how to play against this.

Maybe it's just this type of move, with players trying to be trickier as I move up, and the fact that it pisses me off that I approach these players differently (more passively). Should many slowplayers be accepted in the long run, just like many lucky donks and continue to play normal? Or are there adjustments to make to avoid betting into these traps?
  • 2 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi strat9,

no there is no way to avoid their traps as you need to bet for value etc. most of the time. Take a note and be careful the next time.

About your tilt:

Often their slowplay is less effective than a normal line would be as slowplay is most often done by bad players. Just go through the hand and think about if you wouldn't have lost more money if he would have played it straight forward and laugh at him (not in the chat!) for winning less than he could have. :D

EDIT: If you refer toa hand please link it as it's hard to search trough all hands just to find the right one.
    • strat9
      strat9
      Bronze
      Thanks for all the feedback, by the way. And next time I will provide a link. I didn't think of that for some reason.