Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $31,40
      BU:
      $19,90

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.60 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:diamond: , A:diamond:
      5 folds, BU raises to $1,00, SB folds, Hero raises to $3,00, BU raises to $5,00, Hero calls $2,00.

Flop: ($10,10) Q:heart: , J:diamond: , 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,50, BU calls $7,50.

Turn: ($25,10) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($25,10) 9:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $7,50, BU raises to $7,40 (All-In), Hero gets uncalled bet back..

Final Pot: $39,90

I don't like to give opponent here credit and on flop I figured that I bet such an amount that when he re-raises I have good odds to call because I can make straight or even ace would be enough.
  • 3 replies
    • doneazzo
      doneazzo
      Bronze
      i really don't like your line here. resteal with ATs out of the blinds against a button raise, you can do that...but coldcalling the 4bet oop and then donkbetting right into the preflop aggressor with ace high is just awful imo. if you hit your ace you're probably not getting any action from any pocketpair and if you do get action i dont think he's gonna stack off with A9 or worse there. as played if you're going to call a raise on the flop i'd check/raise him all in on the flop else you're gonna miss a lot of value from hands that would cbet on that flop. plus if your bet just gets called like he did there you cant really fold for $7.50 more in a $25 pot.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      betting just to make a future call profitable is not profitable.

also, the flop really hits his range, so I think you have no FE and Iwould play the draw passively.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      It is 8-handed game. Doubt you can play ATs profitable in 4-bet pot.
      There isn´t any sense c/r, since opponent would call with AK and maybe even TT. But I also don´t like leading into raiser, since he´d shove most of his hands and would you then lay down yours?
      SO my line: fold pre-flop or c/f flop.