This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Could use some advice

• miropro
      miropro
      Bronze

I decided to play poker after a long pause.
      As former SSS player MSS seemed obvious choice, but after 3 days of playing I noticed that it doesn't go well as I would like to.
      I mean it was fine first 2 days when I was running above EV but today (after bad run, of course) I noticed that I do something wrong. :f_cry:

Except that I sometimes get emotionally attached to hand there are probably more leaks that expert eye can see here.

Thanks!
  • 2 replies
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      First advice you're gonna get is sample size. 10k hands is NOTHING. seems like a lot when you first start out but it doesnt mean shit.

Have a play around withthis and see how much variance there can be in 10k hands. Its scary :)

Secondly, I think it is quite hard to win with mss pre rakeback. When fish make big mistakes you only win 50bb instead of 100bb. I think it is definitely possible to win with mss, but harder than bss imo.
    • miropro
      miropro
      Bronze
      Thanks for advice.

I was working on sample size :f_biggrin:

I think that my old PT3 database is gone with my old laptop but anyway that was 3 years ago and many things changed since -in poker game and in my life .

And I switched to 100bb BI, was playing with 40bb but you are right - need more money on table to cover those mistakes.

So my problems now are going to BSS forum.

Thank you once more and yes, that calculator is scary ;)