Copy paste

• sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Am i doing this extremely wrong? I'm trying to copy a hand to SnG Wizard / Holdresource but I keep getting an error message "No valid hand history found"

I've gone into hand details and have tried all 3 methods to copy to clipboard
  • 4 replies
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      A response from anyone would be greeaaat.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey sc2zerker,

My only thought would be that the 3 methods in PT4 contain formatting and may not be recognised as a hand history.

Have you tried copying it manually from the original text file.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm sure PokerTracker will be along soon with a more definitive answer.

Laz
    • sc2zerker
      sc2zerker
      Bronze
      Thanks for the response Laz,

Im thinking it might be because im on a trail ? Or maybe im doing it terrible wrong... I dont know i tried all 3 copy and paste methods. No i havn't tried to manually paste from the HH file but I dont want to do that everytime i want to look @ a hand :(
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      sc2zerker -

Each tracking tools has it's own internal and human legible hand history formats. The tracking tool is the center of the third party software ecosystem, an ICM simulator such as SNG Wiz could chose to support PokerTracker's hand history format exported from the copy function.. it is purely up to them, but they are not required to support this method because the original hand history still exists.

The first button on the left is the Copy to Clipboard function, this will copy the Human legible text in three formats at the same time - text, HTML, and RTF (for Microsoft Word compatable apps). The Operating System's paste functionality is smart enough to know when to paste text, HTML, or RTF. HTML does not mean raw HTML code used to write a website, in this situation it is the equivalent of a rendered website's formatted text & images that you copied. I do not know of any third party hand history processors that accept this format.

The second button is export to a forum legible format. I do not know of any third party hand history processors that accept this format.

The last button is the Raw hand history format, taken directly from the poker network in most situations, but in some situations this is not possible - such as Merge and Winning Poker Network because their hand history format is encoded either in XML or in a proprietary binary format; in these situations PokerTracker provides our own internal hand history standard format - which can be imported by all third party apps that I have personally tested, including HM2 for the record - it is considered a universal standard.

You also have two alternatives.

1) Click the Hand History Text button (shown above), this is the raw text which you can copy

2) You can right click on any hand in a report (or range of hands) and then select Export Hand History to save the hand history on your computer.

We do not restrict the copying of hand histories in the trial version of PT4.

PS: Is there a special reason why you need to use SNG Wizard, that PokerTracker 4 does not already support? Are you aware that PokerTracker 4 includes complete ICM calculation for up to 20 players, and simulation for up to 9 opponents at the final table, including the ability to change hand situations, opponent modeling, and hand range modeling? PokerTracker 4 also supports nearly all "exotic" tournament formats such as DONs, Shootouts, Bounties and Addons and Rebuys.