Avterlife

• Avterlife
      Avterlife
      Gold
      Hey there! :s_cool:
      My name is Wojtek and I'm 20 years old. I play poker since the date I have registered to Pokerstrategy.com. From back then I wasn't taking poker education very seriously and now I want to change that. That's why I'm starting from the very basics and the first step is to attend to The Beginner's Course.

Homework for Lesson #1.

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?
      At the beggining of my little poker adventure I was playing this game hoping that I could in future get some extra money or even play it for a living. I was taking poker very seriously in my mind. I think I had a good approach about things like tilt, not playing after alcohol but as I mentioned previously my approach for education wasn't very good. What motivates me? The feeling I get when I make some good decisions and the opportunity to be good at something I really do like doing.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      1. Hard time giving up hands that are propably dominated and I will lose with them.

2. I still don't have full control over tilt. I am happy that most of the time I can recognize I have it, but there's still some cases when I'm playing while tilted even when I know this.

3. Being too result oriented. I'm still concerned at some point about my money, bankroll. Looking into cashier very often, even after certain lost or won spots is common, which sometimes brings me closer to the tilt. I think that this is because I promised myself to not put any extra money into poker and try to build BR from a scratch.

4. Not focusing fully on sessions. I tend to distract myself by surfing web, looking into Facebook etc. The things that helps me is to think loud and do a sort of commentary while I'm playing, but I sometimes forget to do this :)

5. As I mentioned in question #1, I feel that I have some practical skills but I lack theoretical knowledge about poker.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight agressive is a style in poker in which you don't play many spots, you carefully choose hands which you want to play and you try to avoid hard situations mostly postflop. You prefer raising over limping and you limit your bluffs only to situations when you are sure they will work. I always imagined this style to be like a intelligent and patient predator waiting for perfect opportunity to catch his prey.
  • 2 replies
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey Wojtek

Welcome to the beginner's course. Homework looks good and Bogdan, one of our course coaches will be by in the coming days to comment on your homework. I hope you enjoy the course.

Regards,
      Luke
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Wojtek

Welcome to the course.

Good job on the first homework.

You are already miles ahead of other new players when it comes to tilting because you are able to control parts of it. Of course it will always be a work in progress so as long as you keep working at it you'll get better.

Keep up the good work,

Best of luck at the tables,

Bogdan