Nl100 KJs vs strange move on the R

• csm92
      csm92
      Bronze
      Pacific, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 10 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG+1: $82.63 (82.6 bb)
      UTG+2: $100 (100 bb)
      MP1: $75.68 (75.7 bb)
      MP2: $129.33 (129.3 bb)
      MP3: $100.73 (100.7 bb)
      CO: $100 (100 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $106.90 (106.9 bb)
      SB: $100 (100 bb)
      BB: $126.98 (127 bb)
      UTG: $85.36 (85.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J K
      UTG raises to $3.50, 2 folds, MP1 calls $3.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $3.50, SB folds, BB calls $2.50

Flop: ($14.50) 8 J K (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $10.25, BB folds, UTG calls $10.25, MP1 folds

Turn: ($35) 8 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $20.50, UTG calls $20.50

River: ($76) 7 (2 players)
      UTG bets $51.11 and is all-in, Hero ???

what hands make sense here? 88? 910s? or a good bluff? what can i do on the River?

Villain is a regular and he has 7% donk on the River, cbet Flop vs 3+ is 38%

• 10 replies
    • Saren113
      Saren113
      Bronze
      Hmm reg with under 100 bb? It's a tough spot. But on the other hand the only thing you beat is Worse two pairs and would he donk those OTR I don't think so.

Can you tell us more about your thoughts about the player was he tight / loose was he aggro or passive. Had he ever made some strange betting and showed up with a total airball?
    • Benm473
      Benm473
      Bronze
      Its an odd one by the river but I don't think he has many bluffs there tbh. It makes me wonder if he has flated your raise with a hand like KQ or AK and then randomly decided that there is some thin value on the river versus a bluffish looking donk. I think he should also realise that the paired turn likely improved his equity as you would not then have a set or unlikely quads no draws have completed either.

I suppose he could bluff you using the fact that he knows you should assume his UTG range is strong and he can put you on draws here that would fold but I don't think considering you bet both the flop and the turn multiway that it makes sense to assume you only have draws and that you are ever folding to a donk.

My guess is some weird hand with an 8, KQ or AK but mainly KQ AK and a very small % few bluffs but much lower percentage than value hands. I think it much less likely to be some draw as he is a reg.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      fold it. He has that 1 combo of KK :) Nobody plays AK like that @nl100 for sure, he's not bluffing ether.
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      fold it. He has that 1 combo of KK :) Nobody plays AK like that @nl100 for sure, he's not bluffing ether.
      Not sure if trolling? If not please berate the micro donk :f_biggrin:

Only hand I can think of is AA
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by Riverdiver

How many times have you called a river bet after thinking, "The only hand that beats me is XX"

How many of those times did villain have it?

Although unlikely KJo is also a possibility.
      Could T:d9 or A:dQ also play this way?

Very interesting spot indeed
      --VS
    • Riverdiver
      Riverdiver
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Originally posted by Riverdiver

How many times have you called a river bet after thinking, "The only hand that beats me is XX"

How many of those times did villain have it?

Although unlikely KJo is also a possibility.
      Could T:d9 or A:dQ also play this way?

Very interesting spot indeed
      --VS
      I meant it's the only value hand I can think of. I think that 4way he's not cbetting draws that much, cause he's not taking it down that much
    • Yonose
      Yonose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by getdotacom
      +1
    • SheepMoose
      SheepMoose
      Bronze
      Fold preflop. UTG openers in Full Ring don't have enough random crap to make KJs a well playable hand.
    • FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      FFRRAANNKKIIEE
      Bronze
      Almost never a bluff,
      Easy fold otr, especially with paired board, I expect AA to be the worst hand in villians range otr.
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      This guy does lots of weird stuff but for the most part he is petty face up and bets strong himself with made Hands

He is a semi competent aggro fish

He can play AA this way, not liking the two Broadway's until the 8 pairs.

I would be surprised if he has a set here! It's just not his style to slow play the flop here.

I think I would call, the note itself is worth the buy in as your going to be in a lot of hands with him

Oh and folding KJs is too tight at this site and vs this player, especially as the caller in the middle means he is going to check fod a lot allowing you to take down the pot when you is miss a good percent of the time.