This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Thailand or Busto - Whichever comes first :D

• Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Hello Pokerstrategy!!

My name is Nick and you may have followed me in a previous blog entitled:

"Can you teach an old fish new tricks? (Rising from rock bottom)"

Anyway...

As promised I am on a new adventure which I would like to document here for both my own record and so you guys can follow along if you like :D

Basically I am on a mission to get to Thailand. I have been invited by a TOP SECRET Bracelet winner (who shall not be named) to join him for coaching and backing in Thailand during which time I will move out for a couple months and get some experience with a very successful player.

I submitted an application via 2+2 forum and received a positive response but before I can set sail to Thailand I need to complete a task/ audition if you will.

I need to play 125,000 Hands and show a profit of +1.5BB/100 before the end of the year.

I will be playing 100% 6-max $.10/$.20holdem on Ipoker network - Speed poker and Regular tables where fishiest and the occasional weekly freeroll :D

Should be doable and fingers crossed - won't waffle on too much - I just want a place to document my bi-weekly results for later reference.

Hope you guys enjoy :D
  • 66 replies
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Week 1 (1/2) - Play from Monday 18th November 2013

Didn't get that many hands in since last Monday as I was travelling so counting this as the first half of week one.

Will continue posting every Thursday and Sunday from now on.

Good start - Hopefully will continue through to the end of the year:

$215.88 Profit // $264.18 incl. RB
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      Wow, how did u turn ur graph so good? just 2 months ago it didnt look as near good as this one.

Can I come to thailand aswell :D ? Would be sick to be in such a good weather, beautiful girls and good poker friends to grind with. Thats my dream right now. The good poker friends are the most important. I can move to thailand right now if i want, but i dont have anyone poker related friends that want to come :( .
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      +10
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      I can put in 125 000 hands until the end of the year on NL10 and have 20bb/100, easily
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hashkan
      Wow, how did u turn ur graph so good? just 2 months ago it didnt look as near good as this one.

Can I come to thailand aswell :D ? Would be sick to be in such a good weather, beautiful girls and good poker friends to grind with. Thats my dream right now. The good poker friends are the most important. I can move to thailand right now if i want, but i dont have anyone poker related friends that want to come :( .
      Thanks mate - just been working a lot on my game plus playing live a lot has given me a chance to think about my game.

I dunno about coming to Thailand - you will have to check out the 2 + 2 forums and see if you qualify.
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Bronze
      Wow, great start of the new challenge...

Will definitely follow...

Keep it up :s_cool: GL @ the tables
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      U seem super solid right now. What u shouldnt do right now is change anything in ur game, when its going good, just keep doing what u doing. Dont look at videos or tips from other players.
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      When its going good for me and i try to put in a new concept that i learned, it starts to go bad. So keep the good run by only playing the type of game u have played to get that graph.
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      will deffo follow . I am playing similar limits on ipoker, so perhaps we can sweat sometimes.
      I wil ladd you as friends.

Cheers
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nmilan84
      Wow, great start of the new challenge...

Will definitely follow...

Keep it up :s_cool: GL @ the tables
      Thanks mate!! Hopefully won't let you guys down :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Awesome!! Thanks for the support :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      When its going good for me and i try to put in a new concept that i learned, it starts to go bad. So keep the good run by only playing the type of game u have played to get that graph.
      Will do :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Week 1 (2/2)

Started off playing weird - was thinking I was making mistakes and by the time I sorted out my play I started running pretty bad - Roughly 6 BI below EV but managed to bring it back before this post.

Need to not get in the habit of starting every week with a loss (E.G. THE OLD BLOG!):

- $16.25 Profit // $59.70 incl. RB

Still "On target" to complete the challenge overall but I need to expect more from my play - I think I will be disappointed if I don't finish the challenge with greater than +8bb/100

More graphs on Sunday!!
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      GL brah
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Week 2 (1/2)

All play since my last post on Thursday.

Making progress towards the final hand count but pretty much a break even -Classic RB to the rescue :D

Had two huge hands right at the end of today's session - KK into AA (500BB pot) and set over set (350BB pot) just to really tilt me before today's post.

- $5.55 Profit // $35.42 incl. RB

See you on Thursday - Hopefully with better results :/
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      I sent u a message, look ur inbox
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      I sent u a message, look ur inbox
      No message - I replied to your last message too BTW x
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      strange, i sent it 2 days ago and been waiting for ur answer, ill send it again
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Black
      Where in Thailand you're planning to go? Chiang mai?