Thailand or Busto - Whichever comes first :D

• Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Hello Pokerstrategy!!

My name is Nick and you may have followed me in a previous blog entitled:

"Can you teach an old fish new tricks? (Rising from rock bottom)"

Anyway...

As promised I am on a new adventure which I would like to document here for both my own record and so you guys can follow along if you like :D

Basically I am on a mission to get to Thailand. I have been invited by a TOP SECRET Bracelet winner (who shall not be named) to join him for coaching and backing in Thailand during which time I will move out for a couple months and get some experience with a very successful player.

I submitted an application via 2+2 forum and received a positive response but before I can set sail to Thailand I need to complete a task/ audition if you will.

I need to play 125,000 Hands and show a profit of +1.5BB/100 before the end of the year.

I will be playing 100% 6-max $.10/$.20holdem on Ipoker network - Speed poker and Regular tables where fishiest and the occasional weekly freeroll :D

Should be doable and fingers crossed - won't waffle on too much - I just want a place to document my bi-weekly results for later reference.

Hope you guys enjoy :D
  • 66 replies
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Week 1 (1/2) - Play from Monday 18th November 2013

Didn't get that many hands in since last Monday as I was travelling so counting this as the first half of week one.

Will continue posting every Thursday and Sunday from now on.

Good start - Hopefully will continue through to the end of the year:

$215.88 Profit // $264.18 incl. RB
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      Wow, how did u turn ur graph so good? just 2 months ago it didnt look as near good as this one.

Can I come to thailand aswell :D ? Would be sick to be in such a good weather, beautiful girls and good poker friends to grind with. Thats my dream right now. The good poker friends are the most important. I can move to thailand right now if i want, but i dont have anyone poker related friends that want to come :( .
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      +10
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      I can put in 125 000 hands until the end of the year on NL10 and have 20bb/100, easily
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hashkan
      Wow, how did u turn ur graph so good? just 2 months ago it didnt look as near good as this one.

Can I come to thailand aswell :D ? Would be sick to be in such a good weather, beautiful girls and good poker friends to grind with. Thats my dream right now. The good poker friends are the most important. I can move to thailand right now if i want, but i dont have anyone poker related friends that want to come :( .
      Thanks mate - just been working a lot on my game plus playing live a lot has given me a chance to think about my game.

I dunno about coming to Thailand - you will have to check out the 2 + 2 forums and see if you qualify.
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Wow, great start of the new challenge...

Will definitely follow...

Keep it up :s_cool: GL @ the tables
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      U seem super solid right now. What u shouldnt do right now is change anything in ur game, when its going good, just keep doing what u doing. Dont look at videos or tips from other players.
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      When its going good for me and i try to put in a new concept that i learned, it starts to go bad. So keep the good run by only playing the type of game u have played to get that graph.
    • oskrgy
      oskrgy
      Bronze
      will deffo follow . I am playing similar limits on ipoker, so perhaps we can sweat sometimes.
      I wil ladd you as friends.

Cheers
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nmilan84
      Wow, great start of the new challenge...

Will definitely follow...

Keep it up :s_cool: GL @ the tables
      Thanks mate!! Hopefully won't let you guys down :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Awesome!! Thanks for the support :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      When its going good for me and i try to put in a new concept that i learned, it starts to go bad. So keep the good run by only playing the type of game u have played to get that graph.
      Will do :D
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Week 1 (2/2)

Started off playing weird - was thinking I was making mistakes and by the time I sorted out my play I started running pretty bad - Roughly 6 BI below EV but managed to bring it back before this post.

Need to not get in the habit of starting every week with a loss (E.G. THE OLD BLOG!):

- $16.25 Profit // $59.70 incl. RB

Still "On target" to complete the challenge overall but I need to expect more from my play - I think I will be disappointed if I don't finish the challenge with greater than +8bb/100

More graphs on Sunday!!
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      GL brah
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      Week 2 (1/2)

All play since my last post on Thursday.

Making progress towards the final hand count but pretty much a break even -Classic RB to the rescue :D

Had two huge hands right at the end of today's session - KK into AA (500BB pot) and set over set (350BB pot) just to really tilt me before today's post.

- $5.55 Profit // $35.42 incl. RB

See you on Thursday - Hopefully with better results :/
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      I sent u a message, look ur inbox
    • Walshnm
      Walshnm
      Bronze
      I sent u a message, look ur inbox
      No message - I replied to your last message too BTW x
    • Hashkan
      Hashkan
      Bronze
      strange, i sent it 2 days ago and been waiting for ur answer, ill send it again
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Where in Thailand you're planning to go? Chiang mai?