This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Odds mathematics

• Occido
      Occido
      Bronze
      Hey guys.

I have a poker program that allows the calculation of outs and oddseja. I've been practicing it a lot but now recently studied mathematics outs and oddsien from websites, including articles. I noticed that my program and various net-calculators give me quite different results, especially in the calculation of the odds.
      My program is as follows. We're playing heads-up against computer. At the table is a flop. Me and villain's pocket cards are displayed as a flop.

Let's take a look:

Flop: 10c, 6h, 4h.
      Hero: JcJh
      Villain: 6s4s

Three tens and three Jacks give me 5 outs plus 1 BDO 2h3h which makes a total of 6 outs.

The program calculates the oddsini are 24-27%.

In fact, I'm used to calculate my odds so disadvantaged cards in / outs, like this 45 dis.card - 6 outs = 39 dis.card / 6 outs = 6.5 / 1 --> which gives the percentage of the calculated 15.4%.

Which one will fall right? I or a program?

Thank you.
  • 2 replies
    • nick1237
      nick1237
      Bronze
      - you have some extra runner/runner cards. Any boardpairing outside 6 or 4 gives you better 2 pair. Any 2 hearts gives you a flush. It is not much, maybe extra 3%.

- You calculate your outs like there is 1 card left to come instead of 2. You can hit 6 outs on the turn or on the river. Quick calculation is: outs * 4 + 2 = 6 * 4 + 2 = 26%
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Occido
      and oddseja. I've
      Sry OT, but I guess you mean odds. :f_biggrin: And btw, since you are Finnish member I hope you have noticed our Finnish Corner if you would like to ask something in Finnish. :)